Notifications
Clear all

SSG Week 37 - Angel's Grace

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter  

Hi guys, been away on holiday for just over a week, had no guitar to play, and did no songwriting either!

This is my effort for this week, as time is running out it's a quickie, but comments etc. welcomed just the same!

Angel's Grace

Verse 1

Watching
Waiting
Anticipating
Just can't seem to look away

Hoping
Longing
Just belonging
To that chair, I just can't stray

Chorus

(And I'm….)
Looking in across this place
Staring into time and space
With eyes, so locked upon a face
That even angels couldn't grace

Verse 2

Wondering
Thinking
My eyes, unblinking
Wouldn't want to miss a thing

Churning
Sinking
My stomach flinching
I realise there's no way in

Bridge

No words to say
Where to begin?
Always outside
Looking in

Chorus

(And I'm….)
With eyes, so locked upon a face
That even angels couldn't grace

With eyes, still locked upon her face
As again she wanders
From this place

Cheers in advance! :)

Pete

(@manontheside)
Estimable Member

Hiya Pete,

I think you have something here, I heard it in my head as an acoustic song (I always do) with some fancy chords and some John Mayer guitarwork in between :)

Two things only that I have to say about this:

The second verse rhymes longing with belonging, which is a wee bit similar sounding :) I like the line just belonging, though, so if you decide to change it, keep that ;)

This is the the second thing, but I'm having trouble convincing myself to write it. You could move around the words in the chorus a bit, as I'm not a big fan of that many rhymes. I'd like to add that it is only the amount of rhymes that bother me a little, it's very well written and flows like a river. I can't even believe I decided to write this. Don't change it!

I really, really like this. Any chance of you recording it? Perhaps posting the chords? I'd love to hear what you have in mind for it.

Go Pete!

:)
-man

"I wish there was an over the counter test for my loneliness"

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter  

Cheers for the feeback -man :)

Not much chance of recording it anytime soon, as I mic-less at present (I did get one a while back as a gift but it was awful, I think it was a speech mike so I got a refund, and didn't feel up to blowing more of my £££ on another!)

As for chords, I dunno, if I get time to work on the music I will, but most of the songs I've written over the last month or so have been purely lyrics, plus I don't get a whole lotta privacy living at home for the summer with my family, especially if I'm gonna be *ahem* creating my own sound lol

I'm hoping that when I return to uni (and normality :P) I'll find time to get a decent mic and record most of the stuff I have so far.

Pete

ReplyQuote
 Joe
(@joe)
Honorable Member

Hey, I like that, Pete. Looking forward to hearing it. I see now what you mean about that other song you did (the one that doesn't rhyme and reads like poetry). Obviously you were trying something different, but I like this style. And you seem like you're good at it. So if it ain't broke.... Anyway, can't wait to hear your stuff. Good job.

Joe

ReplyQuote