Notifications
Clear all

SSG Year 11 Week 22

12 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@davidhodge)
Topic starter  

This week we put on our "Sunday best," as the saying goes. Your title (and obviously, a recurring motif in your song) is to be an article of clothing, specifically something formal, usually associated with dressing up.

You also get to pick a number, any number you like. However, what that number will determine will be revealed one week from now.

As always, I look forward to reading and to listening to what you come up with.

Peace

pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member

1994 please

Check out my Reverbnation page here

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)
Topic starter  

Duly noted! Thanks.

And a happy Sunday to you.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@jamestoffee)
Famed Member

3 please

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)
Topic starter  

You got it.

And a good morning to you, James.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@john-sargent)
Noble Member

Pi please

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)
Topic starter  

You got it, John. Perfect thing to have while being on the computer late on a Saturday night.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

So I'd like to play. How does this work, besides giving you a number? I'll take two. Just because it sounds like I'll have two numbers, but really just want the number two. Sorry, but I haven't had coffee yet.

I have a title in mind. Do we post that?

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)
Topic starter  

Good morning, sir!

This week's topic is a regular "here's something to write about" assignment - being to write an entire song with some item of formal wear in its title (and hopefully also given a bit of prominence in the lyric).

The picking of the numbers is a set up for next week's assignment. And I have you down for "two." The number, that is and not the number of numbers. As you know I don't drink coffee so who knows if that last statement makes any sense!

Good to see you again, Nick. Looking forward to a song either this week or next week.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@chefie)
Prominent Member

Okay, I've had my wine and I want to play . . . . . . also. And my lucky number is 2566.

Happy Easter to all!

Neil

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)
Topic starter  

Hope you had a Happy Easter as well, Neil.

I've noted your lucky number and you'll find out just how lucky it is sometime early next Saturday evening.

Looking forward to your take on formal wear this week.

Peace

David

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Pick-a-number time again, eh? OK, I'll have 12 please, David. In fact....any time one of these topics comes up, put me down for 12!

:D :D :D

Vic

Oh, well if you really want to know.....I grew up in a house shared with my parents and maternal grandparents. My birthday is the 12th of June...my mum's was the 12th of January, Grandad's the 12th of February, Gran's the 12th of March. Dad was odd man out - 13th of August! My first wife's birthday was the 12th of the 12th, and my daughter Kayleigh's birthday is the 12th of October. Marilyn's birthday was the 3rd of the 12th.

Makes remembering pretty easy, but it's a bugger when you're trying to pick lottery numbers!

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote