Clear all

SSG Year 11 Week 23

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@davidhodge)
Topic starter  

Hello to all.

So, here's a story, one I'm sure you've heard many times, whether it be six hundred year old folk songs or the latest in the pop charts:

Boy meets girl. Boy courts girl. Couple seemingly very happy. Boy kills girl (often for totally undisclosed reasons) and gets arrested, tried and convicted. Boy ponders great questions of life, death, love, God, what have you. Boy is executed. Life goes on.

Here are your numbers (and if you haven't picked one yet, don't worry - post your pick on the end of this thread):

Paul - 1994
James - 3
John - Pi
Nick - 2
Neil - 2566
Vic - 12

So:

You're to write a new version of this old story, but you have to use the following narrator (determined by your choice of number):

If your number is divisible by 3, you are to write using one of the trial's witnesses as the narrator.

If your number is greater than a two thousand, then you are to use the boy's mother or father as narrator.

If your number involves fractions or decimals, then you are to use the jury foreman as your narrator.

If your number is smaller than 3, then you are to use the trial judge as your narrator

If your number is greater than 10, then you are to use the girl's best friend as narrator

If your number is between one and three thousand, then you are to use the boy's court appointed attorney as narrator

If you have a choice between assignments, ask any specific SSG participant of your choice (myself included) to chose for you.

If you've not chosen a number yet, make a choice and watch this space for more narrator choices.

As always, I look forward to reading and to listening to what you come up with.

Peace

pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member

If your number is greater than 10, then you are to use the girl's best friend as narrator

If your number is between one and three thousand, then you are to use the boy's court appointed attorney as narrator
If you have a choice between assignments, ask any specific SSG participant of your choice (myself included) to chose for you.
Using the "reasonable man" test I've chosen to ask myself as a "specific SSG participant" to choose between the 2 options above. Of course it would breech Attorney - client privilege for me to disclose said choice until a more appropriate time. :D i.e. when I figure out which one myself.
Hmmm... Of course the boys attorney might very well be the girls best friend, maybe even why he lost the case (the plot thickens).

All this assumes that I get time this week :( .

Paul

Check out my Reverbnation page here

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)
Topic starter  

This is exactly why I love this place so much!

With such a great start concerning ideas, I do hope you get time this week. And if you don't (because that certainly happens) try to give it a whirl at some point in the future.

Either way, looking forward to your song.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@chefie)
Prominent Member

David, if you would be so kind to select . . . . . .

or
If your number is greater than a two thousand, then you are to use the boy's mother or father as narrator.

Thank you,

Neil

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)
Topic starter  

Hi Neil

Be more than happy to, but I'm also going to give you more choices. Can't leave well enough alone, I'm afraid.

You are to use any member of the boy's nuclear family as narrator - a parent or sibling.

Looking forward to your song this week.

Peace

ReplyQuote