11 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
 Bob
(@bob)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Hi Everyone

PC finally seems to have stabilised in its fourth incarnation so apologies if I haven't got around to viewing your submissions this week.

Anyway here's week 15's assignment

This week I want you to emphasise your thought process behind writing song lyrics. So this week start with a storyboard. It only needs to be a couple of lines long but tells the story of the song. Next break that storyboard down into items for each verse and retain as much of the timeline as you can and put in some of the key imagery you will use. Follow that up with the actual verses and chorus.

But please post in order as above and leave a day or so between each part of the post to allow any comments to filter back and be incorporated in your final song. The song can be any style.

Good Writing

Bob  :)

My Soundclick Page

You are what you eat, eat well

(@Anonymous)

arg! This assignment is devious and evil. I can't just give myself over to the muse and wake up with a song afterwards? Drat!

Thanks Bob. It'll make me a better songwriter. We shall see if it makes for a good song this week though. On my part anyway.

-Marv

ReplyQuote
(@jamir)
Honorable Member

Here, here Marv, my sentiments exactly, I never have a story line, my mind doesn't work that way, I just go with thoughts in my head at the time and go with the flow and the story just unfolds, tough assignment ???

I am a cloud within a cloud http://www.justjamir.com

you can hear my songs at :

http://www.mp3.com.au/artist.asp?id=21709

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Ahh, but the beauty of this assignment is that when the muse is being stubborn, you develop a way to coax her out.

Also when you have finished a song, you can do this in reverse to make sure you have a nice cohesive flow to the song.

At least that's what I thought last year.

ReplyQuote
 Bob
(@bob)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Spot on Nick...

MO and Jamir I have the same problem as you do - must be the masochist in me.  Still it should prove interesting.

Bob  ;)

My Soundclick Page

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Well.. in writing my assignment this week I kinda thought things through with myself and decided that I already go through this process when I write. I just don't take the time to write about it hehe. I just had to go in slow motion this time. Like showing your work in math class (I never did that either) Its really odd. Oh well.

-marv

ReplyQuote
(@dictator)
Trusted Member

Dang this one is really hard.  Most of the time I write lyrics like the Late great Kurt Cobain.  I steal from my poems.  Oh well I guess I will have to write another song Like Congradulations, Mom.  This one will be tough though

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

As much as I groaned when I saw this topic, I'll have to say that it (so far) has certainly been worth it. Alpaca's storyboard is absolutely amazing!

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

<<Well.. in writing I disagreeignment this week >>

Does anyone else see this on my post? Im sure you guys do. I didnt type it originally (the words are supposed to be "in writing this assignment"). And I can't modify it out now. somehow the phrase "I disagree" just got stuck in there. baffling

ReplyQuote
 Bob
(@bob)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I thought it was deliberate and did laugh quite loudly at it - you shouldn't have owned up.

Bob  ;)

My Soundclick Page

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

My computer is housing Freud's ghost apparently.

-Marv

ReplyQuote