2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Bob
(@bob)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Hi Everyone

I'm late posting this week as I've been having a think about this week's assignment. I noticed there's a conversation going on about being stuck in a rut and I have to admit that I too am in a rut with writing. Although I've never been prolific :wink: I have a number of ideas, phrases, lines, chord progressions, melodies etc that are running through my head or over my guitar every time I play. So for this week's assignment I don't want you to write a song I want you to go through the ideas box you have and pick out two or three. They could be lines that you want to incorporate, a progression you want to develop, any of the usual things you use to draw inspiration from - other than my assignmnets obviously :wink:

Having posted these ideas we'll just discuss around them and see if we can't put some flesh on the bones and get some creative juices flowing again. If there is an idea wholly personal to you which you don't want to share that's OK but be prepared to allow others to work on these ideas rather than just offer suggestions.

Do try to keep it to two or three ideas but don't throw any others out as if this works we may come back to it.

Bob :wink:

My Soundclick Page

You are what you eat, eat well

(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Sounds like a plan to me, Bob. I've got lots of ideas floating around that need developing - I usually feel that if anything good's going to come of them, it'll come when it's ready. I'll have a dig and see what I can find.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote