8 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
 Bob
(@bob)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Hi Everyone

It's been a few weeks since I posted up an assignment and thanks to Nick and David for holding the fort for me for the last few weeks. With things a little quieter for me I intend to get back up to speed on the SSG as it's far too good to let it languish.

With that in mind here's this week's assignment:

Week 42

Opposites - This week try to write a song containing opposites e.g. Saints and Sinners, War and Peace or using opposite as the focus for the narrative, e.g. He likes sport and TV wheras she's into reading poetry (or vice versa). You'll get the idea.

Important point that David made last week please remember to critique other people's work it's as important as submitting your own song.

Let's see how we get on this week and good writing.

Bob :)

My Soundclick Page

You are what you eat, eat well

(@tokai-12-string)
Estimable Member

Welcome back Bob

I hope all is well.

Tokai 12 String

Don't you ever give up on yourself

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=358286

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

yeah welcome back Bob........

although you've got a hell of a lot of marking to do, teach!!!!!

That'll keep you busy for the next 2 weeks........

Vic

:D :D :D

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@cheapthrill)
Estimable Member

:shock: bob's back!!!!!!!!! *runs over and gives a big hug* glad to see you back. hope that your dad is doing better. glad to see you are doing ok. i don't think you lost any of your heard. nick and david did do a good job off the cuff filling in but sheep can only follow on herder and that is you. so keep on leading the way. :lol:

-CheapThrill
(a loyal sheep)

ReplyQuote
(@bstguitarist)
Reputable Member

Hey bob! welcome back. I hope all is well for you and best wishes. Its good to have you back on the forums :lol: .

bstguitarist,
8)

No matter what anyone says, these four men were the Innovators! of modern Rock & Roll!

Morse Code... Music on it's own

ReplyQuote
(@straycat)
Noble Member

hey bob :D

welcome back and I just hope you're alright(and your dad's ok).
you better have a look at what we all wrote last week, it's been like great songs everywhere.

cheers:)
bluenightangel

"oh, eventually it will break your heart" - anders wendin

ReplyQuote
(@scratchmonkey)
Honorable Member

Hi Bob,

Just wanted to throw my lot in with the others' and say Welcome Back, hope things are calming down for you, and hope that everthing went well.

-- Scratch 8)

-- Scratch 8)

"...if heartaches were commercials, we'd all be on TV" -- John Prine

ReplyQuote
(@bstguitarist)
Reputable Member

Ok, this idea hit me the other day and im not sure if you guys already did it before I arrived at the forums but I have an idea for next week. If you havn't already decided for the next assingment how about writing one about burger king, McDonalds, or wendy's, just about any fast-food resteraunt. I think we could all come up with some really funny material. Especially if your like me and have a relative hate against them... hmm... master plan... sabotage the friar ladle... woops off track there!

bstguitarist,
:lol:

No matter what anyone says, these four men were the Innovators! of modern Rock & Roll!

Morse Code... Music on it's own

ReplyQuote