3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Bob
(@bob)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Hi Everyone

I wanted to move away from our familiar theme and look at some structural songwriting elements for the next few weeks. As we're approaching christmas, a busy holiday time for us all no doubt, I thought we'd try and develop a song in different ways. tghis will mean that your holiday time will not be heavily taxed by your SSG contribution. For this week I want a simple song on anything you want. However, I want it short, no more than three verses and the requisite amount of choruses. Over the next few weeks we'll develop this song by adding bridges, changing rhyming schemes, changing the tense and person in which the song is written. Essentially it'll be the same song reworked to see what effect these changes have, e.g. whether it makes a more powerful statement, gives a more intimate feel etc. I'm sure you'll get the idea.

Good writing

Bob :wink:

My Soundclick Page

You are what you eat, eat well

(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

bit easier than last week - I really wanted to do justice to "Shawshank Redemption" but with so much going on I didn't really get the chance....all I got was one verse with a kind of built in chorus, and a few stray lines....but I WILL finish it when I get a chance.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

I could not even start last week ..

I thought of the Piped Piper , Jack the Ripper and Skippy the Bush Kangaroo { ozzie Tele series when I was a wee little lad }

Then Douglas Jardene , Larwood , Bradman all came to mind and then I just got confused which one to pick so I picked none ...

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

ReplyQuote