Tangerine girl in the back of my mind
Try not to lose me
We
Need
To
Flee

[a bed at the sea]

This is an emergency.

ok. the title is stolen from the band logh. it just seemed to fit for me. the story is from the (beautiful) movie "eternal sunshine of the spotless mind". really excellent movie in every way. great actors (jim carrey, kate winslet, kirsten dunst, elijah wood..), great music ("everybody's gotta learn sometime"- i think it was beck), great pictures and a great story. for those of you who haven't watched it already: joel meets clementine, the yfall for each other, but suddenly she doesn't recognize him anymore. she's had him be erased from her memory. joel decides to let her be erased, too. but somehow it doesn't really work, anyways.. they then try to fight the blank spots taking over their minds. difficult to explain in a few sentences. well, i hope you get the picture.

cheers,
straycat.

"oh, eventually it will break your heart" - anders wendin

(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I haven't actally seen "Eternal Sunshine" - the name "Jim Carrey" on the credits usually puts me off a film straight away, he's a litttle too over-the-top for me.....

Having got that out of the way, I think you've got a really good, image laden descriptive mood piece here - I don't know if it fits the film or not, but it definitely stands up on it's own two feet and says "Hey I'm a good song".....

"Tangerine Girl" - like the sound of that - was it used in the film?

This should be fairly easy to put to music, I reckon - any chance of you recording it?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@straycat)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

hey vic.

well, i for one like jim carrey either way, but you will be glad to hear that eternal sunshine is probably the only movie where he doesn't pull faces, but appears marvellously melancholy and (from a girl's point of view :wink: ) cute. valentine doesn't like jim carrey either (except in trueman show) but really likes this movie.
so maybe you should watch it;-)

i can't remember if they said "tangerine girl", but it's refering to her name (clementine) and her habit of dying her hair in crazy colours with beautiful names.

oh.. recording... i should really try, shouldn't i.... maybe someone else wants to have a go at it? (seems more likely to be recorded then :D )

thank you, mate :wink:
cheers,
straycat.

"oh, eventually it will break your heart" - anders wendin

ReplyQuote