Clear all

Week 2 Y3

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@bstguitarist)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Well, dont have much time to talk about this song and to edit it before I post it because I should be going to "Beatlemania LIVE!" Concert (My first REAL Concert!) later tonight! So im wicked excited!

Not sure on what to call it but here it is:

(Verse One)
The picture on the wall,
Means nothing to me,
Nothing at all,
But there's one thing I can say,
This picture on the wall,
Brightens my day.

(Verse Two)
Enlightened faces,
Staring eyes,
Happy days,
Awesome times,
But nothing lasts…
Forever…

(Chorus One)
What went so wrong?
I don't know,
Please tell me now,
Before it's too long,
The picture on the wall,
Has a sad story to tell.

(Verse One)
The picture on the wall,
Means nothing to me,
Nothing at all,
But there's one thing I can say,
This picture on the wall,
Brightens my day.

(Chorus Two)
Good times and bad times,
We all have our day,
But who deserves that?
living day to day.

No matter what anyone says, these four men were the Innovators! of modern Rock & Roll!

Morse Code... Music on it's own

(@cheapthrill)
Estimable Member

hey bst,

just wanted to give a quick comment before going to bed. nice song and i was following it just fine until chorus two. that threw me for a loop. all the sudden you get serious and talk about a knife to the back and then the song is over. didn't care for that whole chorus. the idea for the song is a good one, talking about a picture you know nothing about brightens your day. keep the song light and impersonal then the whole way through.

well since you do have the line "Has a sad story to tell" then you repeast verse one, you could have a verse about the fact that you don't even want to know the story behind it since it is a sad one and that it knowing the sad story would cause the picture not to brighten your day any longer.

i reread chorus one and i don't really understand what it means and the direction you are taking the song in with it.

-CheapThrill

ReplyQuote
(@mikem)
Trusted Member

I'm confused about the lyrics. Both joy and pain all in the same picture. I image if I knew what the picture was about or could see the picture, I might understand the lyrics. Just my 2 cents. Several of the verses were good and the chorus was good but I'm still confused about the picture.

"Don't get trapped by the tyranny of four" Rikky Rooksby

ReplyQuote
(@mikem)
Trusted Member

I think I may have figured out what the picture is? Is the picture a "Beatles" poster or picture? If I'm correct then the picture makes perfert sense to me!

"Don't get trapped by the tyranny of four" Rikky Rooksby

ReplyQuote