nothing can separate us
we cannot die

cuz life is an energy wandering around
in and out of flesh
with no memory left
of life
and it can't die
so u won't die

to listen to my songs for SSC click here http://www.myspace.com/impossibleobjects

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

it's a well written song, although i disagree with the sentiment.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I like it R2D2....er sorry Geoffrey......

I like the short, snappy verses and the repetition of the title at the end of each verse.....can't find anything to critcise at the moment, it's short staccato and sweet...

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@slowplay)
Honorable Member

Like brothertupelo, I like the song but i disagree with the sentiment.

The line:
in and out of flesh

was, to me, the strongest, as it it sums up the song in a few short words.

However, I was a little confused at first when I read,
but you won't die
u won't die

I had visions of some maniac holding his victim's head underwater (or Homer dressed as Krusty attacking the Hamburglar knock-off) yelling "why wont' you die!". I assume that the way it is sung will allow the listener to more quickly determine which of the two meanings you intended.

I'm impressed with the way you used the assigned words, but really didn't let them steer you down predictable paths, though I'd replace "robotic" after the assignment's done.

Ice cream is a dish best served cold.

ReplyQuote
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member

This works for me, assuming we are taking about Chi' or Universal Life Force, or Spirit, or Soul or whatever you beleive happens to your essential being after death. If so then this line we become robotic seems out of context. Good work R2. :D

Check out my Reverbnation page here

ReplyQuote
(@geoffrey)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

yeah.. "robotic" was used specifically for the word assigment. i still think it partially works because i wanted to say (and probably will afterwards) "electric". as for chi, spirit, soul.. these words mean nothing to me personally. they seem too religious or reliant on a god figure.

the mood of the song is suppose to be lullaby like. something to sing to your children. a positive explaination of death without the absurdity of heaven and hell. and i guess a more probable idea of reincarnation. but even at a level which nobody can deny.. your body does decay and fertalise the soil when you die. so in a sense these is reincarnation in fact.. but not in the spirit of geoffrey was magically reborn into a flower or a cow idea.

maybe i'll record it soon and try and post it.

to listen to my songs for SSC click here http://www.myspace.com/impossibleobjects

ReplyQuote
(@rocketgirl)
Reputable Member

Geoffrey,

Have you recorded this yet? I know you don't like the "it's good" and "i like it" so........no just kidding. I really enjoyed reading your lyrics. The only thing I would say is being a mom I can't see me singing this to my kids as a lullaby, nothing bad about your song, just my own opinion. :) Great writing. G.

ReplyQuote