Clear all

Week 38 - Noisy Neighbours.

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I've actually covered this subject before - about 3/4 years ago, with a song called "Screw The Neighbours." Some of you may even remember it - OneWingedAngel (before she became GrungeSunset) gave me the idea for the song while we were chatting on MSN. It's still on my Soundclick site....

Anyway, this is kind of a follow up - STN part 2, if you like. The same, ummm, "people" kept us awake half the night, last night, screaming and shouting at each other - so when I got up this morning, I said to the Mrs, "you might want to sit out in the back yard - I'm going to wake those ********* next door up!"

And I did.......and then kept 'em awake. All day. And this is what the song's about - although I'm still waiting for the removal van.

Noisy Neighbours.

Short intro - D chord strummed four times pretty quickly....

(C)I got a (G)beer in a glass and a (A)real grim mood, and a (C)thirty watt amp I can (D)play (Dsus4)real (D)loud,
I got a (G)Telecaster with (A)nice new strings, (C)and I don't (D)need (Dsus4)no (D)crowd,
Just the (G)neighbours from hell for an (A)audience, they (C)kept me awake again (D)half (Dsus4)the (D)night,
(G)Screaming at each other like de(A)mented beasts, I'm getting (C)sick and tired (D)of (Dsus4)their (D)fights...

I (G)don't know where they get the (A)money from, to (C)party all night and (D)sleep (Dsus4)all (D)day,
But (G)this time I've had (A)more than enough, (C)this time, I'm going to (D)make (Dsus4)them (D)pay,
I'm going to (G)rock the foundations, (A)shake the walls, make the (C)windows tremble (D)in (Dsus4)their (D)frames,
They de(G)prive of me sleep, well (A)I'm going to show them, (C)two can (D)play (Dsus4)that (D)game,

CHORUS....
I'm going to (Em)rock and (D)roll till my (C)fingers bleed,
(D)Till their (Em)eardrums (D)burst and their (C)heads explode,
(D)They want to (Em)make some (D)noise they're going to (C)have to learn,
(D)I can (F)tap straight (C)in to the (D)mo(Dsus4)ther(D)lode....

(Same chord pattern for next two verses....)

I see a real nice sight from my window today, a removal van parked next door,
I've seen a bed and a fridge and a washing machine, all loaded up and still there's more;
A television and a stereo, and all their miscellaneous stuff,
I told 'em once and I told 'em twice, some people never know when enough's enough,

Well I think I'm a nice guy most of the time, just don't get on the wrong side of me,
I like the quiet life, and if I'm not disturbed, I'll leave you in peace,
But if you're noisy neighbours with attitude, well the gloves are off, and the daggers drawn,
Disturb my peace and I'll make you pay, I'll be crankin' it up at the crack of dawn....

(CHORUS....same pattern as previous chorus)
'Cause I can rock and roll till my fingers bleed,
Till your eardrums burst and your heads explode,
You want to make some noise you're going have to learn,
I can tap straight in to the motherlode....

Do you really need any clues as to the music? Naw, you just KNEW this one's going to be LOUD rock'n'roll already, right?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Good song! 8)

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

Nice one Vic, I think it needs just a little something else.

Like a bagpipe intro or a chorus of vuvuzelas ;D ;D

Cheers

Peter

Or a vuvuzela run through a chorus pedal? While you're at it, why not add a distortion stomp box, too. :twisted:

I can hear this as an Alice Cooper kind of metal tune for some reason. Has that insistent and unrelenting rhythm throughout. Good work, Vic!

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

I've actually covered this subject before - about 3/4 years ago, with a song called "Screw The Neighbours." Some of you may even remember it - OneWingedAngel (before she became GrungeSunset) gave me the idea for the song while we were chatting on MSN. It's still on my Soundclick site....

I also recall Dylan Barrett writing a song about going on vacation . . .
and leaving a CD player on in his apartment . . .
with Van Halen playing at maximum volume . . . for his neighbor's sake.

http://forums.guitarnoise.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=45398

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@jamestoffee)
Famed Member

Hi Vic,

Good start :D Clear mood and message.

Suggestion: Consider adding another zero to this line:

"(C)I got a (G)beer in a glass and a (A)real grim mood, and a (C)thirty watt amp I can (D)play (Dsus4)real (D)loud,"

Change that 30 watt amp to a 300 watt amp if you want to make the kind of damage to the neighbors you describe in the chorus to make the song more believable :wink:

James

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Change that 30 watt amp to a 300 watt amp if you want to make the kind of damage to the neighbors you describe in the chorus to make the song more believable

I've played in a pub full of people with the vol knob on that particular 30W amp turned up to three and it was LOUD!!!!

One time, for an experiment, I turned it up to 10 (in the small music room) and hit a chord - windows DID rattle in their frames, walls DID shake, and my ears hurt... a 30W amp really can be loud as hell! I normally have it between 2 and 3, and that's loud - but when those noisy neighbours start, well, vol4 is easily loud enough.....at least to let them know I'm here - turn it up to 5 and they wouldn't be able to talk to each other!

Thanks for the comments though, James....I may just try and record this tomorrow and deafen the bloody neighbours!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@jamestoffee)
Famed Member

One time, for an experiment, I turned it up to 10 (in the small music room) and hit a chord - windows DID rattle in their frames, walls DID shake, and my ears hurt... a 30W amp really can be loud as hell!
I think every guitarist has done this from time to time....that sense of fear and awe of window rattling :wink:
I may just try and record this tomorrow and deafen the bloody neighbours!
:lol: I'll look forward to a listen!

ReplyQuote
(@straycat)
Noble Member

oh yes, i remember your earlier neighbour song well! the title already made me wonder if you were going back to that song. good idea to have a part two :D

the lyrics read well and look like they're very tight, too. love the way you use "make them pay" both literally and metaphorically :D the gloves&daggers image gives all of this a cool gentleman fight vibe, too :wink:
I'll be crankin' it up at the crack of dawn
love the flow of this, the cranking and the crack!

aw, no useful criticism from me, i just like it :D

cheers,
straycat.

p.s.: i am happy to report that i have gotten rid of my annoying neighbour (the mean, smoking one, if anyonre remembers my lyrics on him ... http://forums.guitarnoise.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=45416&p=413298&hilit=greyhound#p413298 :lol: ) :D not because he moved out though. i did :P

"oh, eventually it will break your heart" - anders wendin

ReplyQuote