Clear all

Wk 49 Lyrics (Symmetrical Lies)

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@blueline)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I apologize if I'm jumping the gun by posting the lyrics so soon. It kind of just flowed out of me once I wrapped my mind around a concept for the song. Based on all of your feedback on the title. I have to say, this format, having to come up with a title first and then working off of the feedback is wonderful. It opened up everything for me.

Well, here a first draft of the lyrics to Symmetrical Lies. First, the context of the song. I started to think about well balanced lies and why we would HAVE to make them. Then I thought, we also lie to ourselves! So I went down that path. I imagined how/why we lie to ourselves. So, no matter what your status is, married or single/dating, I'm sure you have thought about who would be the perfect person for you. The search for the "perfect person" is in fact a lie since none of us are perfect. We tell ourselves that "This type of person would be perfect for me..." These are the lies I am talking about in the song.

Also, since the song contains the word symmetrical, I thought it should be balanced in it's structure. It HAD to rhyme and it had to talk about how we balance the lies we tell ourselves. Each verse had to have a balanced lie. Anyways... here goes...

I want someone with symmetrical eyes.
So when I stare at her
I know she's telling me well balanced lies

I want someone with a perfect face
So it's hard to describe what I see
I'll study the line and strands in her eyes
But I don't want her to feel the same about me (to study me very critically)

I want someone to always be there for me
But to leave me alone
Someone to talk with and scream at and cry in my arms
But just get to the point on the phone

I want someone with a perfect sense of style
Drop dead gorgeous in no make up and jeans
A $20 dollar hooker with lines on her face
Who's used to ironic extremes

I want someone who's perfect
So I can ask them to change
Or someone who needs a lot of work
Emotional and perfectly strange

I want someone who's deep
But only when I say
Who can talk about life and the colour of dreams
Yet get my taxes done in a day

I want a woman with the perfect curve in the small of her back
So I can admire her shape, the way she moves
When she's on the attack

(edit- typo in the title-- :oops: duh)

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.