Skip to content
Y12 W16...topic &am...

Notifications
Clear all

Y12 W16...topic & addendum - PLEASE READ!

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Greetings all, and welcome to week 16. It probably didn't escape your notice last week that it was the 50th anniversary of the Beatles appearing on the Ed Sullivan Show in the US, thus starting the "British Invasion." You probably didn't know - unless you spend as much time reading rock'n'roll trivia as I do! - that this week also marks the 50th anniversary of The Kinks' first UK chart appearance. 1964 turned out to be a pivotal year for rock'n'roll...The Stones released their first album, had their first top 10 hit - Not Fade Away - and their first #1, It's All Over Now. A band called the High Numbers released their first single...Zoot Suit/I'm The Face. A few months later they became The Who....

So bearing all that in mind, this week let's write about 1964. There's a lot of perspectives you could choose....a bystander at the time? For those not as old as me - and a few other SSG regulars! - maybe wondering what all the fuss was about, or possibly your parent's POV? Looking back and thinking, "well who'd have thought it, eh?"

As always, good luck with your writing!

:D :D :D

Vic

ADDENDUM.....If you want to know more about the events of 1964, I suggest paying a visit here....there's a mine of information. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1964

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)