Clear all

Y7 Wk 38 - My Baby's Back!

8 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

OK, I'm cheating a little here - I wrote this yesterday. Got my Tele back out of the pawn shop, started playing a few chords - seemed the most natural thing in the world to put some lyrics to 'em. Amazing the difference it makes when you've got a guitar in your hand, innit!

This is your standard 12-bar blues - maybe a little faster than your average blues song, 'cause it's a bit up beat - lyrics are nothing special, but they do work with the music, trust me....I'll try and record it this (Sunday) afternoon if I get a chance.

So here's the lyrics...

My Baby's Back!

My baby left me, yeah, my baby's gone away,
You know she left me, yeah, baby's gone away,
Said she couldn't stand it here, not for one more day,

She says she's happy now, she ain't treated like a slave,
She says she's happy now, yeah, she ain't treated like a slave,
She was happy when I bought her, said I'd love her till the grave.

And I still do....

She's had a change of heart, and my baby's back home,
Yeah, she's had a change of heart, and my baby's come back home,
We were meant to be together, yeah, we shouldn't be alone.

This time I'll treat her right....

We're playin' the blues together, like the blues was meant to be,
Yeah, We're playin' those blues together, like the blues was meant to be,
I'll never let her go again, no, she means too much to me!

And I'll always love her.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Is her name Lucy?

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Is her name Lucy?

Er, no - I'm not one for naming guitars. She? Nope, it's an "it" - I'm not one for assigning genders to guitars, either. Although if I did, it'd have to be female - contrary B***h, never quite seems to understand me....

But hell, I am SO glad it/she's back! Even though the fingers have got soft, and the callouses need building up - then again, maybe Bryan Adams wasn't so far off. "Played it till my fingers bled....."

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Er, no - I'm not one for naming guitars.

Nor am I.
Since this was a blues song, I meant Lucille . . . as in B.B. King's guitar . . . not Lucy.
I'm glad IT's back. I hope IT is home to stay.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@jamestoffee)
Famed Member

Vic,

Clear straight forward :D ...no problem hearing a 12 bar blues progression behind it.

...with a congrat on the strat :mrgreen:

James

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Vic,

Clear straight forward :D ...no problem hearing a 12 bar blues progression behind it.

+1

Nothing like a good dose of yer basic no fuss blues to get you back on track.

Keep up the good work on the dainty digits.... they'll soon be nailing those strings to the fretboard again... :wink:

Cheers,

Chris

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

...with a congrat on the strat James

James! That is SOOO unlike you! usually, you read, inwardly digest, and offer suggestions....so how come you got a Tele mixed up with a Strat?

Seriously, I wouldn't swap my MIM Tele for an MIA Strat - I know it's a big upgrade, but hey, I love the Tele! Also got a soft spot for the Squier Tele - great guitar, but in serious need of some soldering - wires need sticking back to the jack socket. Hopefully, Scrybe - isn'nt she a little treasure! - might be able to do that for me - what I know about electronics could be written on the back of a postage stamp with a 6" brush. And still leave room for the full tab of Stairway to Heaven......

But - now's I've got the Tele back - might inspire me to write a little more. This has been (so far) easily my least productive year since I joined the SSG - hopefully, guitar to hand again, it'll be a case of "strum a few chords, add a little music!"

Here's hoping, anyway!

Vic

ReplyQuote
(@jamestoffee)
Famed Member

..how come you got a Tele mixed up with a Strat?

:oops: my bad :roll: my muse must have had a panic attack...you know how hard it is to rhyme tele into a congratulations?.... :lol:

Yeah! Vic and Tele
back together like.....
like....
peanut butter and jelly

:roll: :lol:

ReplyQuote