Clear all

Y7 Wk4 - Time Again & MP3

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

EDIT - managed to get a rough first demo done Monday Night - please ignore the sound quality, and the fact I've not even had time to rehearse the song properly! Time Again

Time Again.

In my time, I've done some stupid things,
Been a fool not only to myself,
But to those who tried to give me love,
I turned away their help,

But if I could have my time again,
I don't think that things'd be the same,
No I wouldn't make the same mistakes,
I wouldn't be the cause of more heartaches.

Now with hindsight I can see,
The way I treated you like dirt,
Now I know what I did wrong,
How could I have caused such hurt?

Now for the first time in my life,
These eyes can plainly see,
That everything I've ever done,
Was for the benefit of me...

Not sure yet whether this is going to need a bridge or something to break it up - working on the music now, and it seems like it's going to be around five minutes long anyway. One of those songs where you get an idea and five minutes (well OK, about fifteen minutes!) later you've got a song....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

(@dylanbarrett)
Prominent Member

Hi Vic

As you've been so helpful and encouraging to me I feel I shouldn't say anything about this song except it's pretty cool - sorta Jim Morrison meets Boston. I like it!

Lyrics are a funny thing and very personal. I mean everyone has a different style of writing so apart from picking people up on continuity and grammar you sometimes have to accept the individuality of the words....

Having stepped out of the bullshit, if I was writing this I would get rid of some of what I would call 'unnecessary' words like in the first verse, third line I'd get rid of the first 'But',

In the Chorus I'd get rid of the first 'But' as well.

Third verse third line try getting rid of 'Now' at the beginning somehow (you have 2 nows)

Fourth verse get rid of the first 'Now' and 'That' on the third line.

Hmmmm - I haven't really studied your other lyrics but (there we go again) you may be a 'But' and 'Now' sort of writer. But there we are...

The makings of a good retro tune there Vic.

Rock on!

D 8)

I'm nowhere near Chicago. I've got six string, 8 fingers, two thumbs, it's dark 'cos I'm wearing sunglasses - Hit it!

ReplyQuote