Year 10 week 16

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 br85
(@br85)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I've been neglecting song writing badly recently, I could use a good kick up the behind so this seems like a great time to jump in!

waiting to load

unmasked by fortune

you're in my way

death row kitchen cook

you get the feelin'

hell for another

the liars memory

my girlfiends opinion of the core of all country music:

"I shot my wife and i kicked my dog, i feel pretty bad (cause i like that dog)" :lol:

i think her idea is topping my list so far!

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."

(@davidhodge)

She's definitely got a great idea! You two might end up being great co-writers!

The idea of "death row kitchen cook" is also very intriguing. Running with this in my head, I hear verses where someone is planning out and meticulously planning and preparing a meal and the listener is thinking about how caring and even possibly romantic it all is (after all there's a lot of love that goes into cooking) and then in the last verse you find out it's for someone's last meal before execution. That could be very powerful.

Great material here!

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@hobson)
Noble Member

I also think that "death row kitchen cook" has some good possibilities. Another one that I like is "the liars memory." I think that people who are habitual liars really don't see the world the way the rest of us do.

Renee

ReplyQuote
 br85
(@br85)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

thanks for having a look guys.

Yes David i might ask the gf to jump in one of these days, she's a lot better at the comedy end of things and i think my writing could use some lightening up at times!

I agree Renee. i think that title came from a quote that went something like "If you dont tell lies then you dont have to remember anything". it seems like people who lie a lot are spinning a lot of plates and it rarely ends well for anyone.

Anyway i think i agree that the most interesting thread to follow here is the death row kitchen cook so ill have a think about that.

thanks a lot,

Ben

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."

ReplyQuote