(E5) f*ing, f*ing, fing, fing,
(A5) drinking, drinking, drinking, drinking
(E5) fing, fing, fing, fing

(D5) drinking, drinking, drinking, drinking,
(A5) f**ing, fking, fing, f***ing
(E5) heroin, heroin, heroin, heroin,
heroin, heroin , heroin, heroin
(repeat as needed all verses) then to end

(A5 let ring out ) let's change the world man_____ (manical laughter)

man I'm just having fun with this. I'm going to try to write something on the week 42 topic but this just came to me and I thought it was fun!
Cheers everybody
Maddog

(@davidhodge)

Hi Maddog

Just for the record, feel free to PM me or write me directly. We try not to clutter up the SSG thread whenever possible.

As for this lyric, it doesn't grab me all that much, not because of the "adult content" but rather because it doesn't seem to have all that much to say. Then again, that could be the whole point, right? It's certainly going to be a very short song (especially if played at a super-punk tempo) and that may be part of the point, too.

But while it's concise, I can't help but wonder if it does justice to its subject. If I were given this to work with, I might use your second verse as a bridge and then try to flesh out the rest. But that's me. I'm kind of old-fashioned in that I like to get involved in a song lyric and while this one definitely catches the tone and feel of primal punk, it doesn't pull me in or give me much reason to get involved. It's more like shouting out the name of your favorite (insert whatever sport you watch) team in a chant.

Again, this is just my thoughts. Others will have different opinions. And, regardless of my opinions, I think it's cool you wrote it and would like to hear it done as a song at some point. Lyrics (and opinions of lyrics, as everyone here at the SSG can attest to) can change dramatically when heard in the home of the music they go with.

Looking forward to more.

Peace

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Extolling on the virtues of these activities that you're advocating might give the listeners something to think about as they jump up and down to the beat of the music.

Thinking can also be a mind altering experience.

(A5) thinking, thinking, thinking, thinking

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Sad, really, that you could sum up two lives in three words like that. Although......

I do agree with David, you've got possibilities here - they just need fleshing out. For instance, why not do a bit of research on Wikipedia (or wherever you choose - Wiki just happens to be the first place I look, usually.) and find out more?

I don't know much about S & N apart from the obvious....but I can see, in my mind's eye, Sid playing bass, shirt off, spiky hair dog collar...lots of slash marks....Sid singing "My Way" - there's an iconic moment, even if you weren't into punk.

Find out more - what's their background?

"He was a .....etc,
She came from.....etc"

OK, that's a bit Bob Seger-ish a la Hollywood Nights....but you get my drift.

Do some research, add some flesh to the bones, you may get a decent song out of it.....rather than a gag that'll be funny the first time it's heard, but will soon wear thin.

And hey, there's nothing wrong with a little fun....but there's more fun in nurturing the growth of an idea from a seedling to a fully-blossomed song. More rewarding, too!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Sad, really, that you could sum up two lives in three words like that.
So be sure not to add any last names to Sid and Nancy, Maddog.
Otherwise, you might be opening yourself up to a lawsuit for slander.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote