Clear all

Two things.........

12 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I've noticed that on a few threads the last pages are empty. If you look at the "Guess that Riff" thread it shows, I think 42 pages, but the last two produce an error message saying that there are no posts for this thread.

The, perhaps, less good news is that pet has IMed to asking how to become a moderator. I told her that it was a sit and wait to be asked kind of thing.

Nice to have everything back, though - I almost got a life over the weekend!

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

Posted : 27/04/2004 11:13 am
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

I got mine back on Sunday. Paul won't have his back until sometime next week when he recovers.

Posted : 27/04/2004 11:14 am
(@hbriem)
Honorable Member

So when are you guys going to invite Pet to be a moderator?

Just joking.

--
Helgi Briem
hbriem AT gmail DOT com

Posted : 27/04/2004 11:25 am
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Hah....

As soon as she becomes one of the least moderated OR the voice of reason, whichever comes first....

Posted : 27/04/2004 11:37 am
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Hah....

As soon as she becomes one of the least moderated OR the voice of reason, whichever comes first....

What was that about flying pigs?????

Greybeard's Pages

Posted : 27/04/2004 12:40 pm
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Great new look guys. I take it it was a lot of work, n'est-ce pas.

It certainly looks very sophisticated!

Cool. 8)

Tim

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

Posted : 27/04/2004 12:42 pm
(@alangreen)

I'm always willing to give someone a break - Pet's been e-mailing me about Seminars in the UK, so as and when I have a spare nanosecond to talk to David about it I will, at least, have a couple of people coming along apart from me and ol' David (and the local papers, when I can get a chance to brief them).

P'raps we ought to give some thought about the criteria for becoming a moderator. It's difficult to imagine someone who hasn't made a contribution of some description becoming a mod - maybe we should link it to being a deity, and maybe link being a deity to having articles published on the site (or something like that). I'm not being elitist (well, not trying to be elitist anyway) but we've got forum members like Pet and Izabella who are heading towards being Deities by virtue of having made a lot of posts, and we've got people like Tim, Helgi, and Portia who bust their rears for this place.

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 27/04/2004 12:55 pm
(@hbriem)
Honorable Member

Oh, I don't know. My rear is pretty much unbusted.

--
Helgi Briem
hbriem AT gmail DOT com

Posted : 27/04/2004 1:01 pm
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Oh, I don't know. My rear is pretty much unbusted.

Helgi, I haven't had my third cup of coffee yet. I just think it's too early for me to think about your rear. :lol:

Graham,
the lengthy posts in O & P are indeed a bit odd. Those last pages may not be empty. I've found that you can access them if you start at the beginning and work through each page -- but on some you can access later pages directly. Fairly funky at the moment.

Tim

-- John Lennon

Posted : 27/04/2004 2:48 pm
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tim,

I don't have a lot of time to try things out - I'm sitting in an open office :(

Greybeard's Pages

Posted : 27/04/2004 3:33 pm
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Mine's not open, but I'm having way too much fun with the new forum. I need to get to work!
Tim

-- John Lennon

Posted : 27/04/2004 4:03 pm
(@lauralasley)
Estimable Member

It is nice to be back! And it is a bummer that work gets in the way. I've been busy all day, with not much time to peruse/post.

As for the categories, I think a new category for 5000 posts works nicely. As for moderators, we have to bow to the Nick Deity and the Paul Deity. You become one when they ask you and not before. This is a democratic dictatorship here. And yes, there are a lot of people doing a lot of work for the site (all you current hard working moderators,AND authors) so it's not about being elitist, it's about thanking the folk that use their free time to keep this site going, and to keep it user friendly.

I think what I'm trying to say is that the posting categories reward those who hang out and post, whether it's a "valued" contribution or not. I don't know if we can give special designations to those that moderate and write for the site. Since it's clearly marked who moderates and who authors, I'm not sure we need to.

My 2 cents... :)

Posted : 27/04/2004 7:48 pm