Clear all

Female Collaborations: Ladies Only Please Part Two

29 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
(@prblack)
Eminent Member

Hi :D

I'd love to participate in your project. I play bass mostly, but can throw in keys, guitar and some vocals. I have some lyrics with no music and music with no lyrics. :lol: But I would just love to contribute any way I can. Classic covers is a good idea to start with.

prblack

ReplyQuote
(@lostbeggining)
Reputable Member

*sniff* thanks....im shocked that you complimented my lyrics (personally i think u got me mistaken for someone else)....but wow.....thanks.......im greatly interested in helpin out in anyway.....problem is......................Im urgh......Male.................... :?

Always a bummer when dealing with a female project lol

But..wow...kool.........um...............

Rain Shadow

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I DO apologize for placing you in the wrong gender! My real first name is Leslie (the male spelling........the female spelling is Lesley), so for my entire life I've received mail addressed to Mr. Leslie.......... so I started using my middle name, too........ Leslie Ann.......... I still get things addressed to Mr. Leslie Ann..... :D But I AM positive about your lyrics. Maybe that's why I thought you were female........ your lyrics are very insightful...... you must be a very understanding man!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@lostbeggining)
Reputable Member

awwww thanks....no need to apologize....Its not like my name really gives away that im male or anything.....And thanks so much for the compliments...dont think i deserve um but either way.......thanks so much....

Rain Shadow

ReplyQuote
(@fleeting_shadow)

you must be a very understanding man!

Believe me, he's not if you have to live with him. :)

ReplyQuote
(@lauralasley)
Estimable Member

So where are with the project, Blue? I'm technologically challenged, but will contribute rhythm and/or vocals, lead and/ or harmony. I'm hoping Laz will help me figure out how to send the sound wherever it needs to go. Then again, I'm not sure I have anything to record with. Hmmm. We can work on that, if need be.

I realize I'm jumping into the pool in the middle of the summer, but it's the first time I've had a chance to realize it's summer!

ReplyQuote
(@whitneyzeldow)
Estimable Member

Hello,

I'm one of the newest guitar players on this website, but I'd like to contribute lyrics if you so wish. I've just suggested the song "Lure of the Dress Shirt" (rock style similar to The Donnas) to be on the Sunday Songwriters Guild's CD, but I seriously doubt they'll pick it up because I'm not a participating member. Anyway, I think the song is catchy--I just have to work out the chords (they are in my head, not on paper, yet). The bad news is that I don't have any recording devices. Just check it out, and if you like it, I'll be glad to participate.

Thank you,

Whitney

lyrics: "Lure of the Dress Shirt"

His name was Burt
not too attractive
but I liked his shirt
It looks really good on him
I've got to say
there seems to be a pattern
about the way
guys tend to dress this day

Lure of the dress shirt it's a new sickness
It works for Burt
makes him look sexy
I can't control
the draw he has on me
follow the call
the call of the dress shirt

His name was Burt
Lure of the dress shirt
(3X)
Burt, dress shirt
Burt, dress shirt

The way a dress shirt
falls across your shoulders
with a tie that lies
right across the center
To divide you in
two perfect pieces
Ladies beware
I don't really want to share

It's not just Burt
it's always the dress shirt
It's not a tatoo
or an ""I love you"
Those long sleeves
fill me with lots of glee
matching colors
make you one sexy brother

His name was Burt
Lure of the dress shirt
(3X)
Lure of the dress shirt
it'll get you every time

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Sounds like a cool project :D Can't wait to hear it!! I just want to extend an invite to the ladies of GN to the online colaboration and jam forum :D We have been doing jams for about 4-5 months now and are always looking for some one new to join in. As always, any skill level is welcome and beginners will be encouraged and the seasoned players help the rest of us :D . We just have a good time and learn a thing or 2 in the process :D . I have made a soundclick page of the jams we have done so far--the dog

http://www.guitars101.com/vb/showthread.php?t=30219
You may wan't to check out this tutorial that nroberts wrote, this is how we have been sending mp3s back and forth, seems to work well for us, maybe you might get some ideas here, hope it helps :D

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Alright! This has been on hold long enough! I'm well again and am ready to start! How about some basic blues thing to start with? Or not.... we can do whatever the majority wants to do! And, who is willing to participate? Margaret? Gina? OneWingedAngel? Babydoclaz? Any and all female members?

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@prblack)
Eminent Member

I'm with you! Let's get this thing rolling. I play bass,guitar,keys and sing. I've been waiting for an opportinity like this for a whole year. I have been fooling around with Garageband on my iBook and I put together a bluesy type of song. If you want to have a listen and see if you can use it , let me know.

Pauline

ReplyQuote
(@prblack)
Eminent Member

Hi Gals!

I hear you're looking for a bass player. I have been playing for 7 yrs. and would love to be invovled!

Pauline

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Too cool! Just a few more volunteers and we'll get jammin'! :D

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

ReplyQuote
(@medarrah)
Estimable Member

hi!
I do Piano (9 yrs.), Bass (but i see you dont need that anymore!) and im learning electric. Cant help with voice though... i would end up sounding like a drowning cat...

need any of my services?

ReplyQuote
(@ellenback)
Eminent Member

Rhythm guitar and vocals, here, if you're still short on anyone (and I'm short, too...LOL) Have a mic and not shy, either.

Also have some percussion toys lying around.

Elle

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2