Why guitar? Because drums are unladylike. :wink:

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Why guitar? Because drums are unladylike. :wink:

Ooh, don't let Anne hear you say that! Girl drummers are excellent!

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Yes! I just bought my niece a drum set for Christmas! Girl drummers rock!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

Ok then..........

Why guitar? I would've played harmonica but it panders to stereotypes about womens usefulness.... :wink:

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
(@scoks)

As far as I know during to most of the Greek and Roman time only men performed music.

Actually, a lot of the slave girls played music, either the harp or the flute. In Greece, anyway.

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

Ok then..........

Why guitar? I would've played harmonica but it panders to stereotypes about womens usefulness.... :wink:

Orangeade does NOT feel good coming out of one's nose. That was too funny to be reading while taking a sip.

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@pear-tart)
Eminent Member

I started out playing piano... (well, that seems pretty common) My dad is a really good piano player, so of course he wanted me to learn. A lot of my friends were also learning piano. I started when I was around seven, maybe a little younger but I don't remember. I eventually quit, I was frustrated at the constant practicing and going to lessons, and anyways my piano teacher was going to teach somewhere closer to his home. I did like playing an instrument, but it was annoying constantly being told to practice, having to interrupt what I was doing to practice, etc. In 5th grade I started playing clarinet for the school band. I continued in 6th grade, where I had band class every day, and also took lessons outside of school. Again the same sort of thing happened-- I never wanted to practice for just me. I was sick of playing only jazz and classical, too, I got pretty good but it wasn't the sort of music I wanted to play. Somewhere along the line I decided to play guitar. I learned for about two days on my dad's old, $20 garage-sale guitar with a bunch of huge cracks and it was just awful. My dad decided to go out and get me a guitar, so he did and I've been learning since. Guitar's the first instrument I like to play, where it's fun to play it. I can also write songs easily and other things, it's just sort of worked out.

ReplyQuote
(@musicismylife)
Eminent Member

I don't think any particular instrument is suited better to men or women. Music is music. Does it really matter if it's a guy or a girl singing, or playing a certain instrument?

Anyway I chose guitar because it's so versatile and easy to carry around. Perhaps my small hands and short fingers aren't the best for guitar playing but I've been getting like 4 or more hours of practice a day since I got it.

ReplyQuote
(@nichi_jin)
Trusted Member

When I was 15 i moved from England to Canada, way out in the country. There was nothing to do and hardly any kids my age around so it was purely out of boredom that i picked up my dad's guitar. The next christmas I got my own guitar and I've been pratting around on it ever since. Until now I've not actually improved that much but I've made it my sole ambition this year to practice everyday. I will get better.

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

That's the right attitude! Perseverance and Practice!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@fleaaaaaa)
Prominent Member

I hope I meet a girl who plays guitar :lol: maybe even a bit better than me so I could be a jealous boyfriend in a good way

together we stand, divided we fall..........

ReplyQuote
(@mutantclovers)

Why guitar? Good question!

For me, the guitar has always been the instrument that I wanted to play - but as the same time I just couldn't get on with learning it!
My Dad is a brilliant guitar player and my role model, and he tried many times to teach me, but it just wasn't working so I went away from it completely and learned the clarinet throughout my school years. Then towards the end of school, I found myself drawn back to the guitar and this time, something just clicked!
Got my Les Paul for my 18th birthday and never looked back (although the clarinet does get dusted off from time to time)!

ReplyQuote
(@guitarbunnycom)

I learned to sing and play piano first and only after finishing music school I realized that I want to continue on my music journey. My brother dabbled into guitar I since I had the instrument at home I picked it up and started to learn. And now I can't imagine my life without it. It is the perfect instrument to travel with, to take to places and also to back up my singing at home. And I don't really know why so little women play the guitar because it is a wonderful instrument for a woman to play. :note1:

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 5