Skip to content
Notifications
Clear all

DIY Forum

8 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

I think a DIY forum would be a nice addition to GN. I know I have done 2 projects myself and I know others have so as well as modded their guitars, etc. Maybe add a DIY forum so this way all of the projects will be in one place. I know there is a Guitar Maintainence forum already but I think DIY is different and can include more than just guitars.

Just a thought

Posted : 02/04/2006 7:34 pm
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

But we are a guitar forum. Don't you think most questions could be handled under the current repair and maintenance forum?

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

Posted : 02/04/2006 9:19 pm
(@Anonymous)

But we are a guitar forum. Don't you think most questions could be handled under the current repair and maintenance forum?

If it is a question yes but a DIY forum will allow others to showcase their projects and people can get ideas from everyone else's projects.

Posted : 02/04/2006 9:54 pm
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

I like the idea, and there's enough of a distinction between repairs and DIY, IMHO.

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 02/04/2006 10:22 pm
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Agree with Tim. Given the somewhat small number of project posts (see recent solicitation by Dali Lima Post Your Project), and the fact that many mods could be posted under Repair and Maintenance (maybe add Mods to the description?), there doesn't seem to be a compelling reason to create a new section.

-=tension & release=-

Posted : 02/04/2006 10:23 pm
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

(maybe add Mods to the description?)

I'll second that idea! :)

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

Posted : 02/04/2006 10:30 pm
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

If I wanted to show case a custom project I would setup a webpage with before, in progress, and after pictures. Then I would post a link to the pages. Which would have more pictures, and could also show case your creative side in page design. Which designed right would highlight your project even more.

joe

Posted : 03/04/2006 2:40 am
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

I think the repair and maint. forum is the right place as well.

If folks feel the name doesn't cover DIY sufficently, maybe change it to something like:

"Maintenance, DIY, Mods, Repair and Other Stuff"

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

Posted : 03/04/2006 4:12 am