RSS or xml feed?

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Or does it exist and I'm just blind?

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

Posted : 10/04/2006 1:38 pm
(@banre)
Reputable Member

If it does, I don't know where it is. A big rss++ from me. I would love one for the site.

Unseen Evidence
UE Reverb Nation Page

Posted : 10/04/2006 1:45 pm
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

I'll ask, what is RSS and XML?

Posted : 10/04/2006 3:35 pm
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member
Topic starter

standard ways of logging changes/updates to things like blogs, newsfeeds, forums etc.

Mostly it's used around the web for news and blog addicts who want to know when cnn or boing-boing has posted something new.

Wikipedia's description is as good as any and is found here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSS_(protocol)

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

Posted : 10/04/2006 4:03 pm
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

No RSS yet. I know Paul's been thinking about it, but remember that he doesn't use any integrated tools, so he'd have to create the RSS source by hand. Plus RSS bypasses some of the advertising, which is good for you, but bad for Paul. You'll just have to visit the Home page occassionally to see what's new.

Amazing isn't it - this entire website (except the forum) is coded by hand.

-Laz

Posted : 10/04/2006 4:30 pm
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member
Topic starter

I forgot about the advertising. I use firefox with some ad-blocking extentions, so I never see advertising. I haven't seen a web ad in a long time :)

I know no one wants to hear that ...

but frankly, after ads started making noise they had to go (not just here, everywhere). I can put up with flashy stuff at the top of a web page, but when I start hearing sound effects drowning out Django, it's time to end it :)

Posted : 10/04/2006 4:44 pm
(@paulhackett)
Prominent Member Admin

GN doesn't show annoying flashing ads or ones that make noise. You might want to consider making an exception for GN in your ad blocking software. We've been free of pop-ups for years and we are always mindful of your surfing experience here.

Guitar Noises Newsletter

Posted : 11/04/2006 12:47 am
(@paulhackett)
Prominent Member Admin

Oh yeah, we may use some RSS feeds with the next version of the GN website. While costing us some advertising dollars it can also help bring in new visitors. We'll all just have to wait and see.

Guitar Noises Newsletter

Posted : 11/04/2006 12:48 am