Notifications
Clear all

Can someone post a pic

20 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@pappajohn)
Honorable Member

I use a full barre for those first three chords.

1. Barring with the index finger I start with the middle finger on 6th fret D string and ring finger on 7th fret D string.
2. Then I simply lift the ring finger and place the pinky on 7th fret E(high).
3. Then lift the middle finger and move the pinky to the 8th fret.

I also play the D/F# using the barre. I slide it down to the 2nd fret, and use the middle finger on B string and ring finger on D string. From there the ring finger can just slide to the 3rd fret for the Fmaj7.

-- John

"Hip woman walking on a moving floor, tripping on the escalator.
There's a man in the line and she's blowin' his mind, thinking that he's already made her."

'Coming into Los Angeles' - Arlo Guthrie

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

That's how I'm playing it. I think it's just the setup on the acoustic. I'm gonna give it a shot on the electric tonight.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I play it the same way PappaJohn does except I only barre the first 4 strings.
If this is the Stairway to Heaven version from Guitarforbeginners, if I remember right, they have you play through a barre D chord up the neck as well, I play open D instead as it sounds the same and, for me, it is easier to get to. (Am come right after the D)

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

fumble fingers

For that chord progression, the barre should only cover the bottom 4 strings.

Roll your index finger to the side that faces your thumb. Your index finger should not be on it's side, but about halfway. Hope you know what I mean.
If you pointed at your nose with your index finger and think of a clock, your finger should be about 7 or 8 o'clock. Does that make sense? :D

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

If you pointed at your nose with your index finger and think of a clock, your finger should be about 7 or 8 o'clock. Does that make sense? :D

LOL, no. I'll keep working on it though.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2