Clear all

chord changes- are there some people who never learn

18 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
(@juletto)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

thanks for all your help guys i just played waltzing matilda ( a very australian song) to my kindergarten class and they loved it so my confidence has been boosted. at least 5yrolds think i am great!!!!!!

ReplyQuote
(@bluezoldy)
Reputable Member

thanks for all your help guys i just played waltzing matilda ( a very australian song) to my kindergarten class and they loved it so my confidence has been boosted. at least 5yrolds think i am great!!!!!!
Just for interest's sake, I am pretty sure I read somewhere that the copyright for WM is now owned by someone in the US and that is one of the reasons it wasn't considered for the national anthem.

♪♫ Ron ♪♫

http://www.myspace.com/bluemountainsblues

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

I have always practiced chords like NoteBoat said. I place my fingers in position, then lift all fingers and try to go back to the chord as fast as possible.

What I find to be important is to consider how the chord "feels". I mean that literally. How does it make your hand feel to be in that position (or contortion :D )?

And I memorize this feeling.

We do lots of things like this. Remember when you were a little kid (long time ago for me) and learning how to wink? You learned to scrunch up one eye and then the other. And I bet you can still remember that and how it felt.

I remember when I first started playing. The G chord was a little difficult until a friend of mine called it the "bird chord". I asked him what he meant. He said the G chord is just like giving somebody the bird or finger.

**(This is the index on the 2nd fret A string, middle finger 3rd fret E string, and ring finger 3rd fret on high E string form. It can also be played with the middle, ring, and pinky fingers).

Now, I knew how to do that (I am a very bad boy).

Suddenly, I could play the G chord with complete ease. Because it is just giving the finger. And the finger has a feel that I know well. 8)

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2