Skip to content
okay, I am going to...

Notifications
Clear all

okay, I am going to start all over again (kind of)!

16 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
(@dylanbarrett)
Prominent Member

Hi there, I'm a beginner at playing the guitar but I have my own views on learning disciplines from other areas. I have been playing for seven weeks and kick myself for not playing a single tune all the way through without messing up....

Playing any instrument well takes time, commitment and passion - like a sport or language - you really have want to learn and have goals. My goal is to be able to write music to my songs and I've given myself 12 months. Now I may be hopelessly out of luck, but I'm working hard to achieve it.

Now, I'm not an expert on electric vs acoustic, but I would probably recommend that you concentrate on one particular instrument to start with (what do you other guys and gals reckon?). And being able to play some great riffs by RHCP and Hendrix et al has got to make you feel good inside. I'm hoping that by playing as many cover versions of my favourite writers, I'll develop a sixth sense and create my own style but use their talent for putting together great tunes.

You've got to really wan't to do it first though, otherwise the passion is not going to come through in your music.

Enjoy...
Dylan

I'm nowhere near Chicago. I've got six string, 8 fingers, two thumbs, it's dark 'cos I'm wearing sunglasses - Hit it!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2