Notifications
Clear all

open jam tonight!

19 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Here is a list of some Open Mics in England.

http://www.scars.tv/open-mics.htm#ENGLAND

I think that might be more for poetry. But here is an excellent UK site for Open Mics and Jams. Great site for vocal tips as well.

http://www.vocalist.org.uk/gigs_open_mic.html

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@almann1979)
Noble Member

wow. thanks for that. ill see if i can pop into one when im off work next :D

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Good Luck for the open jam !

ReplyQuote
(@rum-runner)
Reputable Member

I happened to be visiting some musician friends in Houston yesterday- I live about 3 hours from there, and they said- hey, there's this jam session they have every Sunday at this local club; bring your guitar! SoI did not know what to expect- hadn't ever been to one at a public establishment like that. I'd done open mikes- but this was more a song circle/jam session where everybody plays together.

The scene turned ouit to be real cool. I got there and there was this guy playing some easy 3-4 chord songs. Before each song he'd show everybody the chord progression, and then he would launch in. There were peopkle there of all ability levels. Even though it was my first time, I was welcomed, and he asked if i wanted to do something. So, to keep with what was going on, I chose a song that has a repeating D-Am-C-G progression throughout. My wife was there and she backs me up on vocals on that tune so she got to join in too. It was really well received. Good experience. Wish I didn't live so far away. i'm going to have to find more excuses to go to Houston on Sundays.

Regards,

Mike

"Growing Older But Not UP!"

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2