Notifications
Clear all

Please suggest cool starter song for newbie to electric

35 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
(@urbancowgirl)
Reputable Member

I have to say, I am glad I read this yesterday. I always liked 'Free Fallin' and had no idea it was so easy. I played around with it last night and learned the whole thing in about 45 minutes.
Woo hoo! I R a geetarizt!

All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I see I should have been more specific.

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

The Stones, It's Only Rock&Roll 4 chords E, A, G and D can all be played in the open position and perfect to break in a new Tele :wink:

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I have to say, I am glad I read this yesterday. I always liked 'Free Fallin' and had no idea it was so easy. I played around with it last night and learned the whole thing in about 45 minutes.
Woo hoo! I R a geetarizt!

Me too! :D What a buzz. 8)

But now I'd like to take it a step further, which would be to really learn to play it properly all the way through and sing along accurately rather than just enthusiastically. :wink:

It was fairly easy to do it 'roughly right' - certainly enough to feel greatly satisfied and have a lot of fun. But I suspect that if I tried to play it in company I'd find that my timing was out of step in spots, my sound could be improved, some of the notes I was singing were wrong and so on. :oops:

I'd love to have the opportunity to work through it in a group situation, much like the Sunday Songwriters do here.

More discussion on the general "workshopping" topic here:

Racetruck1's thread at "Your Suggestions for Guitar Noise

Cheers,

Chris

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

"If it isn't working, use a bigger hammer!"
Ah yes. I've never understood why most people seem to have a problem with "brute force and ignorance" - it always works for me :mrgreen:

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@astonefox)
Estimable Member

Molly's lips by Nirvana only two chords.

For rhythm and strums, let them learn by listening, no?

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3