Printable Scale She...

Notifications
Clear all

Printable Scale Sheets?

33 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

Does anyone know of someplace online that has printable scale & chord sheets? I would like something small to keep in my case...

Plus, where is a good place to start learning how to read scales...I never know where to start and where to end with them..LOL...such a newbie question!!!

Thanks!

(@axeslasher)
Trusted Member

I started learning scales with "box shapes." These are naturally occuring positions of scales that don't move a whole lot over the neck (never more than a fret). They "start" at the root and "end" at the root.

For example, when learning the A Minor Pentatonic scale, start on an "A" in one octave and end on the "A" on the next octave. There should be 5 separate notes, in this case A - C - D - E - G - (A)

You can get blank paper in PDF format for free at

http://www.thecipher.com/guitar_free_pdfs.html

Get blank paper, and fill it in yourself! Then you can quiz yourself with it as well. Learn as you go :)

The basic blank paper (the first PDF) on the page is several pages. Each page has different sized diagrams. The first page would be good for scales. The second chords, etc.

There is a basic chord chard PDF there as well that shows some basic chords and notes.

"Sometimes you want to give up the guitar, you'll hate the guitar. But if you stick with it, you're gonna be rewarded." - Jimi Hendrix

ReplyQuote
(@bob-squires)
Estimable Member

Another site for blank forms:

http://guitar.about.com/library/weekly/aa041900a.htm

Have fun :)

BS :D

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

You can also see if the ones on my site satisfy your needs.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Thanks every one...Those helped out a lot....but I am also looking for the actual scales themselves so I can just print them out. Yes I can write them by hand but I thought there should be some printouts online somewhere...

Thanks again

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

There is a bunch of typical scales on my web site that are graphics that could be printed out. Scales are movable up and down the neck so just use them as a reference. There is also a chord chart you could print out.

DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Thx Niles...

However I was at Media Play today they had the scale charts for like $3..however I checked musiciansfriend.com and they were $2...I should have added it to my order before I placed it.

On a side note Niles...for some reason when I click on those images at your site they crash FireFox on me? I think it's my version of firefox since it has been crashing lately anyway...something about when the windo automatically resizes...

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Thx Niles...
On a side note Niles...for some reason when I click on those images at your site they crash FireFox on me? I think it's my version of firefox since it has been crashing lately anyway...something about when the windo automatically resizes...
They shouldn't do that since I did check it in Firefox and it worked. Try right clicking them and downloading them in full size.

Is anyone else using Firefox who can test the images for me just to make sure it's not a common problem?

DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Like I said Nils,

Its probably just me...This version of FireFox (1.04) has been a bit buggy for me. I am waiting for the next version I believe to be out soon...

Sorry for changing the topic here

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

1.05 is available now

DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

if you would let me know if they print out alright or not.

Blank chord

Blank tabs

Blank staff

joe

ReplyQuote
(@axeslasher)
Trusted Member

Awesome, dude. You rule :)

"Sometimes you want to give up the guitar, you'll hate the guitar. But if you stick with it, you're gonna be rewarded." - Jimi Hendrix

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Thank you those were great..

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Your Welcome. Did they print out alright?

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@axeslasher)
Trusted Member

The ones I printed were great.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3