Clear all

Questions

20 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@meebit)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Anyway, dumb question here, on the fret numbering, the "0" fret is the one closest to the head, yes?

Close. 0 is the string played without fingering it at all.

Geoo

Um, yeah I knew that (I think) so... Call me dense here but that means 1 is the one closest to the head?

MeeBit

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

MeeBit,

Congratulations on your new family member!

Yes, fret number 1 is the closest to the headstock, and the numbers go higher as you move toward the pickups.

If you have access to a digital camera, we'd love to see photos of your new baby. I bet the blue is beautiful.

Are you going to be playing through headphones so as not to disturb your housemates?

Did you pick up a book or two, or are you hooking up with a teacher?

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
(@meebit)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

MeeBit,

Congratulations on your new family member!

Yes, fret number 1 is the closest to the headstock, and the numbers go higher as you move toward the pickups.

If you have access to a digital camera, we'd love to see photos of your new baby. I bet the blue is beautiful.

Are you going to be playing through headphones so as not to disturb your housemates?

Did you pick up a book or two, or are you hooking up with a teacher?

Margaret
Thx for the reply Margaret.
Yes I will be playing on my headphones, but it does soumd pretty good through my Pc's speakers, so that should be nice when I'm ready to dazzle my friends/family with my new skills :)
Yes I will be getting a book or two or three from amazon.com, but I figure for the first few days or week or so, I'll just do what I can from online stuff available.
I want to do lessons eventually, but I don't really have the free time right now.

I'll take some pics of her once I get my digtal cam back from my Mom.
Now for a name for the new family member...

MeeBit

ReplyQuote
(@rum-runner)
Reputable Member

I've had an Epi LP for a year-and-a-half now; still my only electric. I like it fine. Have a little trouble with the pickup switch, which I may replace, but that's a minor factor.

Yes, a fret 0 means play the string open.

Congrats on your purchase!

Regards,

Mike

"Growing Older But Not UP!"

ReplyQuote
(@hondaman)
Eminent Member

seems like you made a good choice which ever guitar feels more comfortable for you :D :D

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2