Skip to content
Versatile Guitars f...

Notifications
Clear all

Versatile Guitars for Various Styles of Music?

17 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

Chris Carrabba of Dashboard Confessional plays a Les Paul clean. He's got a SWEET wine red LP studio that I saw on the DVD and it's definitely running 100% clean. Sounded pretty cool, and not what I expected cos LPs really are always played distorted.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

You can get some nice jazz/mellow blues sounds from the neck pickup of an LP with lower output pickups.

How about a hollowbody or a semi-hollowbody? I've certainly seen 335-family guitars played by jazz and blues guitarists and they were popular with punk rockers for a while because they were so easy to feedback. You might need to stuff the body a bit with socks to tame the feedback for rock.

You know what's a good stuffing material? You know that soft cloth-like styrofoam (or whatever it really is) that they wrap around electronics? It's semi glossy and has tiny bubbles like styrofoam (not bubble wrap though), and it's what they normally put over plastic parts that might get marred or scratched. Very light and airy like foam though. Anyhow, a bunch of that and a wooden sauce spoon handle and you're set. Just stuff it and pack it.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2