Clear all

Request - Gilmore Girls

31 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@jsnood)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

This is not strictly speaking a song, but periodically during scene transitions in episodes of the Gilmore Girls there is a percussive guitar strumming riff. My kid wants me to learn it. Anyone know it? Thanks.

There is no way to peace. Peace is the way. - A.J. Muste

(@oktay)
Reputable Member

I hope they're not making you watch that thing. The dialogs are literally painful :)
Good luck with the song though.

oktay

ReplyQuote
(@jsnood)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Oy. Lorelei, Rory, Luke and Suki are like members of our family. :(

There is no way to peace. Peace is the way. - A.J. Muste

ReplyQuote
(@banre)
Reputable Member

Haha, Gilmore Girls at my house is my cue to grab the guitar and head to the garage. I get my best practicing in thanks to Rory :lol:

Unseen Evidence
UE Reverb Nation Page

ReplyQuote
(@oktay)
Reputable Member

http://www.guitarmasta.net/y/yo_la_tengo/328655.html

This is supposed to be the Gilmore Girls theme. It's be Yo La Tengo which is a local Hoboken, NJ band. Theme or not I'd say the tune sounds pretty good. Maybe it would work as a substitute.

oktay

ReplyQuote
(@jonnyt)
Reputable Member

I guess you could always do it the old fashion way... record it and keep playing it back until you figure it out?

E doesn't = MC2, E = Fb

Music "Theory"? "It's not just a theory, it's the way it is!"

Jonny T.

ReplyQuote
(@gadlaw)
Reputable Member

I hope they're not making you watch that thing. The dialogs are literally painful :)
Good luck with the song though.

oktay

I love that show. In my top five and I have the dvd's for the five seasons. Well written, funny, quirky. Sort of like Northern Exposure but only not so far up north and without the Moose. 8)

Enjoy your karma, after all you earned it.
http://www.gadlaw.com

ReplyQuote
(@aroundtheclaxon)
Estimable Member

what has the world come to the Gilmore girls is probably the least rock and roll thinig i have ever herd of

Head Arcitech at Vandelay Instudries

ReplyQuote
(@geek-in-the-pink)
Estimable Member

what has the world come to the Gilmore girls is probably the least rock and roll thinig i have ever herd of

So true, so true... :)

ReplyQuote
(@gadlaw)
Reputable Member

Dudes! Whatcha talking about saying the Gilmore Girls are the least 'Rock and Roll' thing you've ever heard of? You all are crazy in your heads! Gilmore Girls is about Life. Rock and Roll is about Life. (I mention let's see, 'Living on a Prayer' by Bon Jovi, 'Time of your Life' by Green Day, 'Bring Me to Life' by EVANESCENCE just to name three), Gilmore Girls is about Love. Rock and Roll is about Love. 'Tainted Love' by Soft Cell, 'All you Need is Love' by the Beatles, 'Hounds of Love' by Kate Bush just to name three.
Gilmore Girls has music! Hence the initial question. Music means people making music and getting paid to make that music. Getting paid is Rock and Roll I'm pretty sure. And lastly there was one or two episodes where between some of the important scenes a acoustic guitar player would come up camera playing an original song that had something to do with the previous scene. I remember that being done in episodes of MASH and in a couple movies and Cat Ballou which had Nat King Cole running between scenes singing. Ah but I digress. Gilmore Girls rocks. 8)

ReplyQuote
(@oktay)
Reputable Member

Gilmore Girls rocks. 8)

I respectfully disagree. However, there's some good music in it for sure. And why wouldn't there be? :) It's an absolutely unwatchable series with occasional good music in it :)

Oktay

ReplyQuote
(@gadlaw)
Reputable Member

Gilmore Girls rocks. 8)

I respectfully disagree. However, there's some good music in it for sure. And why wouldn't there be? :) It's an absolutely unwatchable series with occasional good music in it :)

Oktay

Sigh. I can only show you the path, you must follow the path on your own grasshopper.

ReplyQuote
(@oktay)
Reputable Member

I watched it for two seasons. That's what you get when you have a girl friend and live in a one bedroom apartment :) I felt like the dude in A Clockwork Orange the whole time. Although I must admit it's gotten way worse over time. At the beginning the maddening dialogs were only between the mother and the daughter and it was fine since the mother is super cute. But then the whole town started talking like that. That is way toooo much L:)

oktay

ReplyQuote
(@gadlaw)
Reputable Member

Dude, penguin dude. :D I had that same experience with a girlfriend and Seinfeld. Hot, beautiful, wonderful girl but she came with a love of Seinfeld. Nary a word said I. Quietly watched said show. Girlfriend gone, no more Seinfeld ever. I hate that freaking show. If you handed me shiny new boxes of the seasons all unopened and in a handy carrying bag I wouldn't touch them, even to sell them on ebay. I hate that freaking show. Bah. :wink:

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Blasphemy..who dare denounce Seinfeld....I absolutely positively love that show. I have watched every episode probably a thousand times and I still laugh at every joke. It's to funny....best sit-com ever in my opinion...but it's just like the poles about who's the best player or who's the best band...there is no best because best to you might be crap to someone else...

As for Gilmore girls..I'd have to say for the most part it's pretty lame although I used to watch because it would come on after Seinfeld and I was to lazy to change the channel but even my daughters can't stand it.

Where's Taso when I need him...Cosmo you out there!!

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3