Clear all

Self-made Chord Sheets

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Here's a great resource, particularly for beginners, but just as good for more experienced players.

Chord Guide

The nice thing about this site, is that (once you've registered) you can save chord patterns onto your own sheets, save them and even print them out. You could, for example, create a sheet of open major chords, one of open minor chords, etc, etc.

Chord guide will also give you a whole raft of different fingerings for chords, as well.

It's also a well laid out and "clean" site - no murky colours or "Flash" banners or whatever.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Nice one greybeard. :D

I've been meaning to make up some sheets with chords that go with each other in each key, and that could be just the tool for the job. My hand written versions are an affront to the eye! I'll explore that link a bit more this evening.

BTW are you the same greybeard that I might have seen on computer game forums - or would they have been mere imitators.. :shock:

Cheers, Chris.

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Nice one greybeard. :D

I've been meaning to make up some sheets with chords that go with each other in each key, and that could be just the tool for the job. My hand written versions are an affront to the eye! I'll explore that link a bit more this evening.

BTW are you the same greybeard that I might have seen on computer game forums - or would they have been mere imitators.. :shock:

Cheers, Chris.

They are mere wannabes 8)

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
 Olav
(@olav)
Estimable Member

This is awesome greybeard. The only problem with this kind of help is that one can become very lazy and not bother to go through the exercise to figure it out for yourself. But I guess that's my problem. Can't wait to get home from work to pick up the guitar and try out some of these voicing.
Your help is appreciated. Thanks
Blessings.
Olav

ReplyQuote
(@rich_halford)
Reputable Member

I have searched the forum and this is the nearest thread I have found to what i am looking for.

What I want to be able to do is create chord sheets for a few songs I want to play. The link above is almost perfect, but it doesn't cover some of the things I want, in particular slash chords. What I want to be able to do is click on the diagram to create the chord diagram I need. Then I can either print out a page of chord shapes to put above the song I am learning or print small versions and glue them into the song book (the song books that have the chord diagrams above the songs are just the ticket).

So, I can use the link above to create what I want for the chords they have and I can use this site:
http://sologuitarist.net/chord_speller/chord_speller.html
to click on the guitar to show the shord shape I need, now I just need something that combines the two.

Any ideas?

ReplyQuote