A Post after many months--F*** Your Fear

50 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
(@jus_another_sin)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

my dear arjen,
i guess the comment about me not able to express myself in english merits a bit of enlightning. do you know that the whole of europe and america is outsourcing work to india primarily because we are good with english actually very good.
as far as writing in hindi is concerned i do write in hindi but that does not mean i dont know how to express myself in english. half of US silicon valley is full of indians , do ya think they will be there if they culdnt express themselves in english? nearly 22% of NASA comprise of indians, UK probably has turned into little india. look around the world arjen, probably u havent met a lot of indians in holland but open ur eyes to the world.

there's a lot of difference between an open mind and a hole in the head !

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

jus,

I don't believe that comment was intended as an insult. Sometimes it is so hard to get across vocal nuances in writing.

Personally, I think your English is excellent and you express yourself clearly.

Nick

ReplyQuote
(@freaky_nell)
Eminent Member

Nick,

Personally, I found Arjen's last comment insulting. It may not have been meant that way, but that's the way it came across to me. It may have been meant as humour, but I couldn't find anything to laugh about.

In any case, jus was asking for critique of his song, not derogatory comments on his ethnic background.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

People shouldn't assume so much. My post wasn't supposed to be a joke or an insult, it was a suggestion. The poster is from India. India is *not* a native english-speaking nation. People write their best stuff in their native language. So the poster might improve his writing by writing in Hindi. Insulting? Maybe. But seems to be the truth to me.

To make it clear: I write a lot of english, all the books I need for m education are in English and the majority of music and movies I hear and see are in English. I have little doubt that most here find it quite easy to understand what I say. Yet my writings in English are *not* good enough. If I would write in Dutch it would *better*. Feel free to check one of my songs: https://www.guitarnoise.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16110

The lyrics posted by another_sin are clear, but with more knowledge it could be just as clear, but far more powerfull. Feel free to tell me why I am wrong.

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

I'm locking this one down. It's way off topic and heading downhill.

BTW, It didn't look like humor. It looked like a valid suggestion to me.

Take a look at the thread I just created on culture and language if you want to delve into this more.

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4