Clear all

Lady Mud and Mary Jane

9 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@x_gyllenhaalic_x)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I notice that alot of people these day's are doing drugs and drinking. I made a song about the side effects of drugs. Lady mean's Herion, Mud means Cocaine and Mary Jane means weed in street slang.

Lady Mud and Mary Jane

-Verse 1-
Red in the eye,
Dry in the throat.
Want to cry,
Want to float.

-Bridge-
Am I crazy?
Am I sad?
Am I dozy?
Am I mad?

-Chorus-
I have a date tonight,
With Lady Mud.
I have a fight,
With Mary Jane.
I'll have another fright,
From the taste of delight.
Lady Mud and Mary Jane,
Are making me go insane

-Verse 2-
Starting to twitch,
Bouncing off walls.
Off and on the light switch,
Everything starts to fall.

-Bridge-

-Chorus-

Red in the eye,
Dry in the throat.
Gonna die,
Gonna float.

Jake Gyllenhaal/my oh my/your so cute/you make me sigh! I <3 JAKE!

(@onegirlrevolution)

wow. that is awesome! i think its a good enough description. i'm so glad someone is finally noticeing the drug problem the world has. it took long enough! I think its courageous (and shocking) to address the problem. I give you props!
BTW, they're not just side effects, they are the effects of drugs.

"i wish the world was made of chocolate"
[--Tyler Burkum--]

She's calling out to You, this is a call; this is a call out... [--Thousand Foot Krutch--]

ReplyQuote
(@x_gyllenhaalic_x)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Thanks.

Yeh, I just also noticed that no one has written a song about drugs. I mean, Green Day made Basket Case but that's not saying about the bad stuff drugs do to you. When I was researching Drug's street names for an essay I had to do, I saw that they kinda had funny names. I saw Mary Jane. And then I saw Herion can be Lady and Cocaine can be Mud. And, if you've ever heard of a Woolah, it's a combination of Cocain, Herion and some other drugs. So, I put Lady and Mud together. Not only will you get Lady Mud, but a new nickname for woolah's!

Also, there are ton's of movie's where people use drugs (I know because I watch alot of them!). But some people don't get the message that it's BAD to smoke anything!

ReplyQuote
(@illicit)
Estimable Member

Thanks.

Yeh, I just also noticed that no one has written a song about drugs. I mean, Green Day made Basket Case but that's not saying about the bad stuff drugs do to you. When I was researching Drug's street names for an essay I had to do, I saw that they kinda had funny names. I saw Mary Jane. And then I saw Herion can be Lady and Cocaine can be Mud. And, if you've ever heard of a Woolah, it's a combination of Cocain, Herion and some other drugs. So, I put Lady and Mud together. Not only will you get Lady Mud, but a new nickname for woolah's!

Also, there are ton's of movie's where people use drugs (I know because I watch alot of them!). But some people don't get the message that it's BAD to smoke anything!

Really nice song, short and too the point. Perhaps a bit simplistic for my taste, but nice job. I like the subtle imagery with the names that make you kinda wonder. I probably would have picked it up from Mary Jane what the song was about..

Still, plenty of people write songs about drugs and the bad things that come from them, where have you been?

Just off the top of my head:

Clapton - Cocaine, AIC - Godsmack, Dope Sick Girl - Rancid, Needle and the spoon - Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Needle and the damage done - Neil Young, Heroin Dreams - Life Of Agony, Morphine - Michael Jackson, White Rabbit - Jefferson Airplane, The needle lies - Queensryche, Under The Bridge - Red Hot Chili Peppers

Behold! The great northern viking's pinnacle of evolution! Behold my wavy blonde locks, my icy blue eyes and my muscular physique! Behold my.. screw this, I'm going to McDonald's.

ReplyQuote
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

Nicely done,

You manage to get your message across without sounding like you're preaching. You caught the feeling of being "High" and trust me I'm a been there done that kind of guy.

On the subject of who's writing anti-drug songs other than the ones Illicit mentioned.

Over in SSG Smokindog's Look Mom I'm Flying http://forums.guitarnoise.com/viewtopic.php?t=10137
and Hairballxavier's Sewer Water http://forums.guitarnoise.com/viewtopic.php?t=14357
Are two fine examples

Also if I may be permitted a moment of "Shameless Self Promotion"
my own Jump Before You Fall about halfway down on this page

Good Work

Keep it up

Celt

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

ReplyQuote
(@catcha)
Trusted Member

Thanks.

Yeh, I just also noticed that no one has written a song about drugs.
LOL , yeah thats right :shock: :shock:
Ever heard the term Sex And Drugs & Rock and Roll ??
LOL

Chemical addiction - Alice In Chains
Julies In The Drug Squad - The Clash
The Shamen - Ebineezer Goode
The Mighty Diamonds' 'Pass the Kouchie"
The Stranglers - Golden Brown
The Pusherman - Steppenwolf
Ashes To Ashes - David Bowie
White Lines - Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five
Cold Turkey - John Lennon
Heroin - Velvet Underground
The Reefer Song - Fats Waller???
Eminem - These Drugs
Phil Collins's - Tonight Tonight Tonight

A list about rock songs about drugs would go on forever mate you have missed some fantastic lyric writing!!

Oh an a little song that you may not have come accross being a guitarist ...LOL
Purple Haze - Jimi Hendrix Experience

Oh and maybe a little band called the Beatles I seem to remember them doing Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds but of course that was just about a stary moonlit night .

You could do much worse than aquaint yourself with some of the above if you really want to write a song about drugs , yours is ok although very basic and I am not knocking it but there really aint much that hasnt already been covered and you really aint the first to do a drug song LOL

Dont give a shite about punctuation or spelling , I have to do that all day at work.
Free times for rocking !!

ReplyQuote
(@plooky)
Eminent Member

the offspring have also done a number of tunes about drugs and their bad affects on people (as have many other bands as well, as previously mentioned)...

hyperdermic- from ignition
what happened to you- smash
mota- ixnay
leave it behind- ixnay
the kids aren't alright- americana
one fine day- conspiracy of one (although tongue in cheek about booze)

thats just from one band... and found in about five minutes on my pc music folder.

life by the drop- Stevie ray Vaughan
most of In Step by SRV (Tightrope, Crossfire, Wall Of Denial, Riveria Paradise)

the needle and the damage done- neil young
sorry and Lemmings from dude ranch by blink 182
ain't it fun- guns n roses (did they write that one?)
Charlie no.1,2,3- The Whitlams

as was mentioned in a previous post, there are hundreds of rock songs ect about this matter- maybe not too many being released at the moment- but there doesn't seem to be too much 'new' stuff coming out at the moment, IMO. It is a topic that many people know about 1st hand, therefore can write convincing songs about.

anyway, my two cents
plooky

lois: 'Chris, women are not objects!'
peter: 'Your mother's right son, listen to what it says.'

ReplyQuote
(@x_gyllenhaalic_x)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

meh, Sorry =P

You see, I only listen to Good Charlotte, Simple Plan, Green Day and a couple of other bands. It's only now I just got into the habbit of listening to rock songs. I use to be a Delta Goodrem and Spice Girl's type of girl but now, stuff them, I starting to love rock 'n' roll!

ReplyQuote
(@plooky)
Eminent Member

delta, spice girls... EVIL!!!!

delta is the worst thing to come out of our happy land of oz!

sorry, i can't stand her music (go back to neighbours!)

lois: 'Chris, women are not objects!'
peter: 'Your mother's right son, listen to what it says.'

ReplyQuote