So cold (so cold)
And You're the making of a girl
Who will never see the world
So unknown (I don't know)

REPEAT C

(@lotto-king)
Prominent Member

hi

your song doesn't seem to flow too smoothly for me but there are some really great lyrics here

I'm sure my opion will be different to others

it's a nice subject matter and the thought is lovely

cheers

Aghhhh

Not only am I a senior citizen

I'm now a bloody senior member

Are you people trying to tell me I'm old or what ?

over 700 posts ( I really do need to get out more )

ReplyQuote
(@snoogans775)
Reputable Member

I like this, but it's not one song, it's a few songs, an arrangement of slightly related ideas, but it could become a song with a really good chorus.

If you had a chorus which had the familiar trait of each verse, and then amplified 2 billion dB, this would be a great song.

I don't follow my dreams, I just ask em' where they're going and catch up with them later.
-Mitch Hedburg
Did you see that!

ReplyQuote
(@guitargeek)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

hiya thank you for your comments, i dont really know where i got the idea for this song from, i kinda thought of 2 lines and made up a story based around them. hmmm maybe its not so much of a song but its not a poem i dont think either?

ReplyQuote
(@musicmaniac221)
Estimable Member

sounds like sumthing youd read...like a poem...not a song...(not saying I dont like it) good stuff man.

Do what you love, love what you do
http://www.acidplanet.com
-Nick

ReplyQuote
(@gmilam)
Estimable Member

Like the concept of the song. I think I understand it as it is easier to share your faith when you are with other believers but harder when you are out in the world.

I see it all the time where folks will say hi to anyone inside the walls of the church, but those same folks don't even know the names of their next door neighbors. It's easy to have faith when you are surrounded by others who all believe, it's when you are out in the world, that you find out what you really believe. Not sure if you meant to sya that, but that's what I got out of it.

It just kinda lost me at the bridge. Not sure how that flows with the rest of it.

But I really liked the rest of it.

Keep up the writing!

Be Blessed!

Greg

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you think that I thought I once was - White Goodman (Dodgeball)

ReplyQuote
(@lostbeggining)
Reputable Member

wow....really late here but i was juss scrolling through old posts n came across this...I really really really like this peice!!....awesome lyrics i have to say!!....and...in a weird way...i can find a lot of metaphors in there from different lyrics.....Big Thumbs Up......really like it!!!!!!!!!!!

Rain Shadow

ReplyQuote
(@guitargeek)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

thank you! its always nice to get comments from stuff you did a while back! i was particularly happy with this peice actually because i dont really know where it came from so i surprised myself

ReplyQuote
(@mr-d)
Eminent Member

I'm glad this got bumped back to the top cuz I just got here and really like this :)

Your chorus is good, your verses are awesome, it's only the bridge I feel doesn't quite fit with the rest. Maybe work with that a bit and I think you'll have a great song.

I use heavy strings, tune low, play hard and floor it. Floor it. That's technical talk.
—SRV

ReplyQuote