Skip to content
What's the most mea...

Notifications
Clear all

What's the most meaningful song you know?

56 Posts
40 Users
0 Likes
14.7 K Views
(@banre)
Reputable Member

Pure meaning would have to be "Tears in Heaven" by Clapton. Such a sad thing to think of, especially given the circumstances of his son's death.

I agree completely with pierson about "In This River". That is a great song! I haven't seen the vid, guess I'll try to track that down now....

Unseen Evidence
UE Reverb Nation Page

ReplyQuote
(@m07zm4n)
Estimable Member

One song I always like to hear and which moves me deeply is "Over the Hills nad Far Away" by Led Zep...
They got a lot of these kind of songs IMHO...

...and "Like a Stone"...

NO MORE THEORY!!
um...
KNOW MORE THEORY!!!!

<------>
motz
<------>

ReplyQuote
(@p_allen)
Estimable Member

There are two for me.

River - Joni Mitchel

A beautiful song which evokes all sorts of emotions for me.

No Frontiers - The Corrs/ Jimmy McCarthy

I'm not positive what it means, as such, but I know exactly what it means to me.

Pete. :)

Why Do Other Peoples Shipbuilding When you Could Go Diving For Pearls Of Your Own?

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Believe it or don't; "Hero" by none other than the fabulous, and good lookin' I might add, Mariah Carey :P :!: :!:

ReplyQuote
(@bford)
Reputable Member

My wife and I had only been married about 18 months when I was sent to South Korea for a year while in the Army. It was what they call an "unaccompanied tour". Meaning that the Army wouldn't pay for me to bring my wife with me. So I was stationed there without her for a year because it would cost too much to rent a "hooch" and be able to afford food for her also. We could barely afford the once weekly phone calls that amounted to more than 2 grand after one year. To top it off she gave birth to our first child after I had been there about 5 months. I was able to come home on a mid-tour leave but only for 3 weeks. That was the worst year of my life :evil: . I hated every minute I was there. Literally. Having been such a newly married couple she could have given up on me and went on her way. But she has stood by my side everyday never waivering on our relationship. Even when we had to get to know each other all over again when I finally came home for good. The 26th of the this month we celebrate 23 happy years together :D .
The most meaningful song I know for me personally would be Journey's "Faithfully".

Highway run
Into the midnight sun
Wheels go round and round
You're on my mind
Restless hearts
Sleep alone tonight
Sendin' all my love
Along the wire

They say that the road
Ain't no place to start a family
Right down the line
It's been you and me
And lovin' a music man
Ain't always what it's supposed to be
Oh girl you stand by me
I'm forever yours...faithfully

Circus life
Under the big top world
We all need the clowns
To make us smile
Through space and time
Always another show
Wondering where I am
Lost without you

And being apart ain't easy
On this love affair
Two strangers learn to fall in love again
I get the joy
Of rediscovering you
Oh girl, you stand by me
I'm forever yours...faithfully

Oh, oh, oh, oh
Faithfully, I'm still yours
I'm forever yours
Ever yours...faithfully

Treat others how you would like to be treated.

ReplyQuote
(@pierson)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I'm not positive what it means, as such, but I know exactly what it means to me.

That's awesome. This is exactly what I wanted this thread to be about. Mind if I use that sentence in one of my songs :D?

There's a thin fine line between hate and rage.
Now watch the line be crossed and break!

ReplyQuote
(@pierson)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

That's awesome. This is exactly what I wanted this thread to be about. Mind if I use that sentence in one of my songs :D?

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Mine would have to be Higher by Creed. It's such an uplifting song to me. And it's a welcome break from those songs about being a misunderstood teen.

ReplyQuote
(@p_allen)
Estimable Member

Be my guest. It's a common feeling for me, either that or the song meaning something completely different to me than that which it appears to mean. I guess that's why we all love music so much - the way it seems to affect you in ways you never thought possible.

Why Do Other Peoples Shipbuilding When you Could Go Diving For Pearls Of Your Own?

ReplyQuote
(@pierson)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Yeah, P_allen, I'm with ya there. I would probably be a VERY wrong and messed up person if I didn't have music to relate to. I don't know many of their meanings, but I know I can sing the words and relate them to myself whenever I am feeling blue.

ReplyQuote
(@nolongerme)
Honorable Member

Mine would have to be Higher by Creed. It's such an uplifting song to me. And it's a welcome break from those songs about being a misunderstood teen.

Higher by Creed is an awesome song!! :!: :!:

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4