Clear all

When you dont have that trusty note pad

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@lostbeggining)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Im not sure where i should put this...but its just an interesting and comical thing 2 discuss.........

Has anyone ever had it where they have a great song come up in their head but dont have nothing 2 write it down on then loose it later? (reminds me of the Tenacious D tribute song)....and wot are some of the ways people have wrote/ remembered songs when they didnt have a pad n pen?

Rain Shadow

(@lostbeggining)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

i personally had it the other day when i thought up some lyrics that expressed wot i wanted them 2 well and i was really impressed but then my friend came up and completely distracted me before i could write it down n lost it all...........
And i once wrote a song on a wall n then took a picture of it with my camera to remember it cuz i had nothing else.....but obviously i scribbled over it!!! lol.........

NeM

Rain Shadow

ReplyQuote
(@yellow_tangerine)
Eminent Member

usually I have my purse with me, and a pen or crayon or lipstick can be used to scribble out "brilliant" lyrics on crumpled reciepts or tardy slips....
um, I've once had a good melody come to mind and saved it by typing it into my cell phone. you know each number is a different note and you can use it like a tiny keyboard? anyway, i played the song and saved the number in my phone book under big letters...S O N G. Later i played it on guitar and made a nice little ditty of it

If you don't know where you're going,
Any road will take you there

ReplyQuote
(@scratchmonkey)
Honorable Member

I use Notepad on my.yahoo.com if I'm near a computer. I keep a notebook in my truck, so there's always one handy. I've not been without a pen since my corpsman days. Otherwise, if I'm truly out in the wild for a time, I'll try repeating it over n over n over n over. But in those circumstances, I try not to think about songs or lyrics, and try to reconcile myself to the notion that they'll probably be lost anyways if they do show up.

-- Scratch 8)

-- Scratch 8)

"...if heartaches were commercials, we'd all be on TV" -- John Prine

ReplyQuote
(@gmilam)
Estimable Member

The cell phone has saved my life more than a few times lyrically.

Most have a "record Memo" feature or you can call your voicemail and speak or sing it.

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you think that I thought I once was - White Goodman (Dodgeball)

ReplyQuote
(@omega)
Estimable Member

If I don't have a notepad I'll write on something else. If I have no pen or nothing to write on, then I just repeat until either its solidly remembered, or I have reached a piece of paper. 8)

Somnium Dulcis.

ReplyQuote