Notifications
Clear all

Another Guitar Identification

23 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

8) IMHO there are no such things as "boring guitars" only boring players 8)

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I think if someone finds the guitar they are playing boring, then their playing would probably suffer too.

I would probably need to hear a guitar with EMG's in it. The samples on their site don't really impress me.

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

I guess i'm just more concerned with the variety of tones i can produce and whether it will sit on a guitar stand as opposed to how "Cool" it looks, but hey to each their own.
i guess whatever inspires you to improve is what's important.

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I agree. I have looked at Fender Jaguar's because most people say they can produce a variety of tones, anything from blues and jazz to hard rock and metal. Though I see both the ability to produce blues tones and how it looks as a gimmicks. That's because I don't play the blues, or jazz so both the looks, and those tones are really extras to me.

Though I think looks have something to do with tone. Not directly but guitars dubbed for metal because of their design also have pickups best suited for metal. I think a blues guitarist using a B.C Rich guitar would be an interesting counterpoint.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

8) IMHO there are no such things as "boring guitars" only boring players 8)

now how true is that ... :D

Advice to myself - If people stop thinking about what guitars they DON'T have and play those properly which they ACTUALLY have ... i think they can make real time progress... :shock:

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

OWA makes a great point tho, especially tru in the beginning guitartist.
motivation comes from many things.

if you only want to play with friends like so many here do in online colaborations, then you may possibly be one of the few that will ever actually see the guitar you are playing, however if you intend to gig with others that want to portray a certain style or appearance then the guitar you choose may add quite a bit to your playing.

i did not mean to judge one style over another or suggest that how it looks does not matter at all.
but i do believe that the player matters more than the axe.

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

i agree with rahaul, its like this, if you have person that has a 3,000 les paul and can't play, or you have a person that has a 150 dollar squier and can rock the house, you'r going to wanna
see the guy who can play, nomatter what his guitar is. stevie ray vaughn had the most beat up strat i have ever seen, and he was incredible.

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I agree it comes from the player too. Though I would never use that mentality when shopping for a new guitar. "Well, I don't really like this guitar but the music comes from me, so I'll take it!" It would be wise to use that mentality while playing though.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2