Notifications
Clear all

Drummer a gone

20 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
(@ginger)
Reputable Member

Well yeah but heres the thing, were getting realy good and the drummers foccus just finaly got on to the band, meaning that this guy will make some good beats that can actualy catch up to me and the other guitarists speed and our flow of play. i think 2 bands are kind of going to break the foccus. and a that a no good.

Have a friend who had this same problem. They played gigs all the time and so did the drummers other band. The problem was, they didn't want that cause this guy never had time to go practice with 2 bands. he'd practice with his new one because he was learning their songs, and thought that since he already knew the old bands song, he didn't need to practice, which put a strain on the other members. So finally they said us or them, he choose them. my friends band ended up with a much better drummer and a committed one as well and their live shows are much better. .....The other guys band? broke up a couple months later.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

I played in two bands at the same time, while being in a 'trial' period of a third. As long as the dude says he still gives it his all and comes at every practice then let him. As a matter of fact, be pleased that he's probably going to learn a whole bunch of new stuff that would make him a better drummer in your band as well.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Thought I'd just throw my 2 cents in here..............

After setting up a new band from scratch, booking practice rooms, journeying to each other's houses
and practicing really hard, the drummer up and left without warning 'cos she got a part in a play
and was more commited to that.

In short.....

Have a backup or replacement drummer on stand by just in case, especially if you are playing gigs!

Also, just an idea that I had, you can record your drummer playing your songs and use it when
they can't get to a pratice, or decide to bugger off. :)

Pete

ReplyQuote
(@brain-pollution)

I had a bass player that shuffeled around other bands while staying in mime and after all his other projects were over and he fully focused on us, we got extremely better and more precise, our sound dramatically improved and we wrote better and more consistantly. but maybe it's diffirent for a drummer

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member

I just joined another band and have not practiced any material from my "primary" band. That's because we have a gig coming up. Still, I'm afraid your drummer will do one of many things.

1. Spend the same amount of time practicing on his own on your band's stuff as he has always been and little with the new band.

2. Spend the same amount of time practicing as he used to so each band only gets half of his practice time at home.

3. Spend little time practicing on his own on your band's stuff since he has the new band.

4. Spend the same amount of time on your band and the new one effectively doubling his amount of practice time.

5. Quit your band after you beat him silly with your 10 lb. Les Paul.

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2