Notifications
Clear all

GripMaster doe it Work or Not?

18 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
(@lord_ariez)
Reputable Member

With the Gripmaster, it shows you are willing to work on your abilities in any way that may help. It shows you are motviated and that is a good thing.
When I started playing the drums I wrote and ate with my left hand to try and get some coordination :D

'You and I in a little toy shop, bought a bag of balloons with the money we got"

feel free to talk with me on msn at [email protected]..... no icq anymore

ReplyQuote
(@djdubb)
Reputable Member

The key to finger strength for playing the guitar is ... playing the guitar.

Want finger speed and accuracy that will astound your fellow players? Here's the secret. Get an accoustic guitar and raise that action HIGH. Put the heaviest guage strings on it you can and just play the thing.

Barre chords, riffs, whole songs. Use it as your practice guitar.

It won't take nearly as long as you suspect, and you'll actually develop the finger control you need to go along with that strength you want.

Starting today I'm going to give that a try I've been stumbling around playing Texas Flood SRV live in Montreux, maybe this can build my speed up, and bends.

"Failure is the key to success" Lee Wen; Champ vs Champ

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

I think this is an accurate comparison:

Working out on guitar is to free weights, as Gripmaster is to a Universal Machine. The problem with weight machines is they do not completely develop strength and coordination in the smaller, ancillary muscles that are crucial to balance and control. In a similar manner, guitar playing requires far more fine muscle development than can be achieved in a simple, repetitive squeezing exercise.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2