Notifications
Clear all

I can't believe this

37 Posts
25 Users
0 Likes
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

:shock: Wow, congrats. Of course, now you owe it to the neighbour to eventually become the next Hendrix, so get cracking! :wink:

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@quarterfront)
Reputable Member

Wow.

Wow.

No, really, wow.

ReplyQuote
(@racetruck1)
Honorable Member

The G+L is Leo's updating of his Stratocaster, VERY GOOD guitar, it's a keeper.

Enjoy the h@!! out of it.

BTW, welcome!

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming......
like the passengers in his car.

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

WOW, why did he give that guitar away? thats awsome greg, that is cool 8)

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@greg232)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I am in as much shock as you all are. I have a Vox AD30VT amp and this axe sounds great. I don't have any pedal or know what pedals to get but, my first purchase in awhile might be a new amp to see if I can get the full potential on this guitar. It plays sooo smooth. I never played a MIA strat and wondering how this compares. I know the guy was moving into another apartment complex, but the reason why he gave me this with no explanation is news to me. I feel like I just won the lottery.

ReplyQuote
(@greg232)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I am in as much shock as you all are. I have a Vox AD30VT amp and this axe sounds great. I don't have any pedal or know what pedals to get but, my first purchase in awhile might be a new amp to see if I can get the full potential on this guitar. It plays sooo smooth. I never played a MIA strat and wondering how this compares. I know the guy was moving into another apartment complex, but the reason why he gave me this with no explanation is news to me. I feel like I just won the lottery.

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Could it be a tad warm? :wink: :wink:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

Wow. Congrats. That's one awesome gizzit. Enjoy.

8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Are you 100% sure he wasn't just loaning it to you? Kind of a "here, try this out as I don't play often, and I'll come back to get it later" thing?

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

That is HOT!!

No really, hot..

Its HOT, STOLEN GET IT!!

Just kidding dude.. I am just jealous.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@greg232)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Update, I just ran into him tonight. He no longer plays it and his wife cannot stand him playing the guitar. His wife tried throwing it out earlier in the day. It is mine to keep and wants nothing in return.

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

Greg, you are acquainted with the concept of "paying it forward", right? Somewhere down the line, you will make a similarly magnanimous gesture.... :twisted:

Seriously, congratulations. You will never forget this stroke of good fortune.

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

It doesn't take a crystal ball to see that the guy who gave this away is going to be kicking himself in the donkey about ten or twenty years hence, when he will sell his soul on ebay to get another of the same model.

Greg, you should "disappear", and soon. New name, new address, grow a beard....before the guy wakes up and realizes what he has done. :?

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
(@mrjonesey)
Honorable Member

I don't want to be a downer, but something doesn't make sense. What's this guys state of mind? Leaving large tips for bartenders/wait staff and giving away personal valuables has been associated with suicidal behavior. Any chance this guy is depressed and calling our for help?

"There won't be any money. But when you die, on your death bed, you will receive total conciousness. So, I got that going for me. Which is nice." - Bill Murray, Caddyshack ~~ Michigan Music Dojo - http://michiganmusicdojo.com ~~

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

beautiful finish too.congrats

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3