Notifications
Clear all

Insanely difficult things to play?

24 Posts
20 Users
0 Likes
(@dhutson)
Estimable Member

Playing Sweet Home Alabama on a ukelele in a Biker Bar in Southern Georgia wearing madras shorts and a pink polo would be extremely difficult to play as you would be running for your life. Perhahps this should be a Fear Factor stunt.

http://www.soundclick.com/wayneroberts

ReplyQuote
(@jewtemplar)
Reputable Member

...Asturias - Ahmet Kanneci

Asturias (assuming this is the same version as I know) was originally a piano piece by Albeniz, arranged for guitar by Andres Segovia, and is probably the most famous piece in the classical guitar repertoire. Other mindblowingly difficult classical pieces are Recuerdos de la Alhambra, by Tarrega, and the Chaconne in D minor by Bach (originally for solo violin).

~Sam

ReplyQuote
(@jasonrunguitar)
Reputable Member

Any good solo flamenco guitar sounds pretty hard to me...but maybe that's just because it's so different than anything that I could even think of playing. Oh, and speaking of flight of the bumble bee, Troy Stentina has a pretty fun, fast, and not-so-friendly version of it in his book 'Speed Mechanics for Lead Guitar'. I know it's me that we're talking about here, so I know it's not saying much, but the piece is halfway through the book, and I've been working trough it for over a year now and still have a good 15 pages to go before I get to it :)

-Jason
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To those about to rock, we salute you!
http://www.soundclick.com/jasonwittenbach

ReplyQuote
(@jasonrunguitar)
Reputable Member

Oh, also I've heard of some obscure, almost mythical song passed down by the guitar legends to their prodigees as a very tightly guarded secret. It's said to be so difficult that if any regular human being were to play it correctly, their fingers would explode...rumor has it that it goes by the name of 'Row, Row, Row Your Boat'...*shudder*

-Jason
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To those about to rock, we salute you!
http://www.soundclick.com/jasonwittenbach

ReplyQuote
(@jwishart77)
Estimable Member

There's a bloke called Allan Holdsworth. He's not too bad on a guitar.

ReplyQuote
(@geek-in-the-pink)
Estimable Member

Oh, also I've heard of some obscure, almost mythical song passed down by the guitar legends to their prodigees as a very tightly guarded secret. It's said to be so difficult that if any regular human being were to play it correctly, their fingers would explode...rumor has it that it goes by the name of 'Row, Row, Row Your Boat'...*shudder*

Oh my... :shock: I thought that was only a rumor!!

ReplyQuote
(@daniel-lioneye)
Reputable Member

first, someone hear should practice that until they can nail and then record it. Im sure it would be insane.

I remember coming across a similar piece of music on the net, and at the top its says
"Arranged accidentally"

I'll have to look for it.

Guitars: Electric: Jackson DX10D, J. Reynolds Fat Strat copy
Acoustic: New York and a Jasmine.
Amps: Austin 15 watt, Fender Deluxe 112, Fender Champion 600 5w, 0ld 1970's Sears 500g.
Effects: Digitech Whammy, Big Muff Pi USA, MXR, Washburn Distortion.

ReplyQuote
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member

...Asturias - Ahmet Kanneci

Asturias (assuming this is the same version as I know) was originally a piano piece by Albeniz, arranged for guitar by Andres Segovia, and is probably the most famous piece in the classical guitar repertoire. Other mindblowingly difficult classical pieces are Recuerdos de la Alhambra, by Tarrega, and the Chaconne in D minor by Bach (originally for solo violin).

Damn, those are hard! Shame those are all way outta my fingerpicking ability :cry:

ReplyQuote
(@scrogdog)
Estimable Member

Probably the most difficult song that I have ever attempted to play myself was my unplugged version of Rush's "Natural Science". That was a bear. :)

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2