Notifications
Clear all

It came! It came! (New guitar pics)

41 Posts
29 Users
0 Likes
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

The Grover tuners are awsome! Love the pickups. What do you think of that neck? I'm serious, 2 USA Gibbys and I like my Epi the best. Way to go OWA ... ummmm Grunge Sunset.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Very tasty . 8)

I'm most impressed that you were able to leave it in the box long enough to go and get the camera....

Have a great time together.

Cheers,

Chris

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Ah, very nice! Welcome the the Epi LP club! 8)

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@daven)
Estimable Member

Beautiful, may you make sweet music!

ReplyQuote
(@tinsmith)
Prominent Member

Very nice!!!

ReplyQuote
(@bgdaddy316)
Reputable Member

Very nice. I drool a little over the silver burst everytime I see it.

ReplyQuote
(@csmart01)
Estimable Member

Beautiful!!!!! Good luck with it.

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Great guitar, Angel! Love the color! Good for you! Now you just need a place to let it rip! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@bmancv-60)
Estimable Member

Very nice! I wasn't sure about the color but seeing the pictures I like!!!

+1

I want!

"...I don't know - but whasomever I do, its gots ta be FUNKY!"

ReplyQuote
(@musica23)
Reputable Member

Congrats! Very beautiful guitar! :D :D :D

Love and Peace or Else,
CC

ReplyQuote
(@grungesunset)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

I've had it for a week so here's a quick review:

It has to be the best guitar I've played. After getting it home and plugging it into the amp I got that ballsy chunky sound that you'd associate with a Les Paul. At least darn close as I don't own a Marshall amp. Neck feels great, sound sustains for days on end and the finish is gorgeous. My only complaints are the body is heavy. I anticipated it would be heavier than my Jag but not by this much. I can't play it sitting down at all as it hurts my leg. Standing up I'm ok for a bit though. Secondly, the rhythm pickup is a little dark for my tastes. I did have issues with it staying in tune but that problem seems to be going away. I think it is the new strings as opposed to the guitar.

+ Great tone, classic Les Paul sound
+ Amazing sustain
+ Gorgeous guitar
- Body weighs a lot
- rhythm pickup a bit too dark
? What tonal problems with the silver paint? I hear none.

"In what, twisted universe does mastering Eddie Van Halen's two handed arpeggio technique count as ABSOLUTELY NOTHING?!" - Dr Gregory House

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

I've had it for a week so here's a quick review:

It has to be the best guitar I've played.

+ Great tone, classic Les Paul sound
+ Amazing sustain
+ Gorgeous guitar
- Body weighs a lot
- rhythm pickup a bit too dark
? What tonal problems with the silver paint? I hear none.

Les Pauls are supposed to be heavy. Stop whining :lol:

You might try lowering the neck pickup a tad, with the treble side being a bit higher. That might help brighten it up a bit.

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Yep, Les Paul's are pretty heavy. We forgot to mention all of the upper body muscles you'll be adding! :P

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Yup, they do have some weight to them. Some people get used to it. I got used to it. I've heard people complain about that neck pick-up. What kinds of things are you trying to play where it's coming out too dark? I play a lot of lighter stuff, so the neck pickup is perfect for me. On occasion, I take a walk down harder rock lane and sometimes use my mid position and twiddle with the outputs for a nice blend of dark and bright. I play mostly clean, so that's happens very rarely.

I think it's the body. My Epi SG came with those same pick-ups. It was a bit brighter up top. Still sounded way too much like the LP, so I bit the bullet and added some SDs to it. Now it's very much brighter. I'm not going to touch my LP though. I like it just the way it is. Only thing I had to do was replace the selector switch. Had to on my SG and my Ibanez GAX-70 with the same style switch too. Odd.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@christopherius)
Trusted Member

beautiful guitar! me likes :D i bet it sounds awesome

Chris
http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo356/christopherius/th_FenderSig.jpg

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3