Clear all

man, am i in trouble

99 Posts
29 Users
0 Likes
10.5 K Views
(@margaret)
Noble Member

geoo wrote: The original post isnt being addressed and your diving into fantasy.

That is a good point. We went astray with a hypothetical question of Rocker's girl giving him an ultimatum to choose between her and the guitar. In reality she didn't even know about his lapse until he had returned the purchase.

The original issue was that HE had made the impulsive choice of the guitar over the vacation, which he re-thought and undid what he done did, and in time to avoid trouble. :D

So now we all just wait to hear if/when he put the guitar on layaway, and you know, Rocker, we'll need to see pictures. 8)

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

wow, man has this thread exploded, well i went back to gc on the way home today, put that
beautiful, red american strat that sang to me on layaway ( with marcie's blessing) my freind that works there, thinks i have no idea what i'm doing, weather i'm comming or going, he got a kick out of the whole ordeal, but was glad everything is cool, and i just want tell you guys and gals, thanks for all your advice, and support and even the kicks in the butt, you guys are the best :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

If it was Rockers money, then really he can do what he pleases with it.
In a real marriage there is no such thing as "his" and "hers" - there's only "ours" (and, yes, I'm sure my wife would let me wear her clothes if I was so inclined :shock: ). What each partner earns belongs to the marriage, otherwise it is a sham. Rocker saw the light and did what was best for his relationship. Yes, he dropped a clanger, but he realised it, corrected the situation and cleared the whole thing with his wife. He probably has a stronger relationship, now, than he had before.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

I am the one who took this thread off subject.

But when I see statements like, "I am in big trouble", "She's gonna kill me", I only have 6 hours to return the guitar", then I got the very strong impression that Rocker was only returning the guitar out of fear.

And I do not think relationships should be based on fear.

And going out and actually buying the guitar is bizarre, don't you think?? To me this is a strong indication that Rocker was not so thrilled about spending his money on this vacation. He wants a guitar.

But I could be wrong, I often am.

I actually agree with everyone. If it was agreed beforehand that this money was to be saved and used for a vacation, then that is what it should be used for. To buy a guitar with it would be wrong. I am glad he returned it, it was the right thing to do.

Anyway, it is none of my business. And I try to mind my own business. I only commented because Rocker shared his story with us.

I hope Rocker and his fiancee have a wonderful vacation and life together. And I hope he gets his guitar too.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

wes,

your comments are and always will be welcome in any post i make, your my bro man
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Rocker

I love you too Bro! :D

Don't pay attention to me, I have had problems with the ladies, so I probably have a little baggage.

But I am not all that bad. I was married to the same gal for 21 years, most of which were very happy. I wouldn't call that a total failure.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

wes,

don't worry about it, i was married once before and it lasted a year and a half, man it was the biggest mistake i ever made, i mean it was a dissaster, if this one does not work, you can stick a fork in me because i am done :!:

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

wes,
if this one does not work, you can stick a fork in me because i am done :!:

Or you could try a Flying V!

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member

wow, u even get relationship councelling on this forum...

ReplyQuote
Page 7 / 7