Notifications
Clear all

Meet my new guitar!

21 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Wonder why the dots are on different frets?

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Why do so many guitar players like mandolins?

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

You know, Ricochet, that's a really good question about the fret dots....made me kind of curious about banjo dots, ukelele dots, etc.... maybe someone knowledgable like Noteboat can answer that one for us! My only thought, and it's probably wrong, is that the mandolin frets are REALLY close together, especially down there by 9, 10, 12, etc....... beats me!

And, YoYo286, I can only speak for myself, but I have loved the sound of a mandolin longer than I can remember. I grew up with my parents (my Dad was a guitar player) and relatives and neighbors listening to and playing OLD bluegrass and country, full of fiddles, mandolins, dulcimers, banjos and, of course, guitars. It was always the sound of the mandolin that caught my attention and it was always the part I liked the best. ANd, you've just made me wonder for the first time in my life why I chose to learn the guitar first rather than mandolin. Hmmmmmmmmm. Thanks.

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@floydthegolfer)
Estimable Member

On the subject of bluegrass, and that kind of music, has anyone heard "Let there be Rockgrass" by Hayseed Dixie? they are a cover/tribute band for AC/DC (get it?) and they make bluegrass covers of rock and metal songs- fantastic! theyve got I believe in a thing called love, ace of spades, walk this way, and a few others on their cd and its brlliant!

"You got the heart kid... but you don't got the tools no more....."
"DRAGOOO!!!!!!!!"

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

No, Floyd, I can't say that I've ever heard that particular band! Interesting take, though. I HAVE, however, heard some bluegrass versions of the Beatles and Stones (and some others who escape my feeble mind at this particular point in time!). Anyone interested in bluegrass, though, I would highly recommend Ralph Stanley and Doc Watson........

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

I've got a bunch of bluegrass covers of Blink182 songs. Awesome, great sounding and hilarious at the same time. :D

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2