Clear all

Modifying A Cheap Guitar

18 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

The budget is getting toasted. Yes, I found something else. A pickguard with three switches on it. Supposed to get 13 different sounds out of three single coils. Look at the guitarfetish store on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Super-strat-13-Sound-electronics-guard-Kit-White-F26_W0QQitemZ7340566981QQcategoryZ22670QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

You know, there are some things that look too good to resist. I can even throw 3 humbucker rails OR coils with almost twice the output as stock in that for another $30.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

From experience:

13 different sounds (out of 27 different switch positions 1 is off, plus 13 "positive polarity" are sonically equivalent to 13 "negative polarity"), but not all of these 13 sounds are terribly useful.

Also, about those mini-toggles: Some players find these very annoying to use. Others have learned how easy it is to break these off if they happen to be in one's strumming path (me, for one).

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Yeah, I thought of that. My GAX70 has a regular size toggle in the most inconvienient of places too. I'll give her a go anyhow. I figure worse case, I get PO'd and re-use the old pick guard.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2