Clear all

My New 12 String

23 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Hi Blueline,

Good looking machine you have there. Twelves are amazing when you get them wound up – so much going on.

I'd always fancied one too, and a few weeks ago I finally cracked and ‘invested' in a Yamaha FG720S-12. A whole lot of noisy goodness for the money.

It's a pretty snug fit in the case, so as soon as I can figure out how to get it out I'll be twanging along with you. Actually it's not as tight as it looks… (Now where have I heard that line before??)

Have a ton of fun with your new Takamine. :)

Cheers,

Chris

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Awesome 12 strings, Blueline and Chris.

ReplyQuote
(@jick-jackson)
Estimable Member

Blueline
Nice guitar and congrats. It looks like the top is spruce, is the rest of the body maple?

My first actual experience was a Yamaha with a long neck that required a capo on the 2nd fret (also my 1st experience with a capo). Fun stuff since I had only played sixers before. Anyway, using a good capo on a 12 string can be awesome! Be sure and try it.

Also a place I worked at bought a Takamine A/E that had a messed up bridge/saddle so the intonation was off. I brought it to a Takamine dealer and I think they replaced the whole thing or did some pretty fine repair work. No charge, they didn't even ask for a receipt or anything. Nice warranty!

Peace,
Jick

Wait, whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?
Visit The Best Show on WFMU at wfmu.org

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Hi Blueline,

Good looking machine you have there. Twelves are amazing when you get them wound up – so much going on.

I'd always fancied one too, and a few weeks ago I finally cracked and ‘invested' in a Yamaha FG720S-12. A whole lot of noisy goodness for the money.

It's a pretty snug fit in the case, so as soon as I can figure out how to get it out I'll be twanging along with you. Actually it's not as tight as it looks… (Now where have I heard that line before??)

Have a ton of fun with your new Takamine. :)

Cheers,

Chris

Thanks Chris! Good to hear from you. It's been a while. Congrats on your 12 string. Its a beauty. You have to share some of your playing with us. It's about time I put a new Chris C song on my iPod!!!! :D

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Here's a quick ditty I put together on the Takamine. My Taylor makes an appearance on this as well. Disclaimer: This is not a finished song. I played a little rythym on the 12 and did a quick lead on the 6 so do not expect a fully finished product.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6600286

Pics coming soon.

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Very nice sounding indeed!

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Very nice sounding indeed!
Thanks Roy. Now if I could only play it!
Blueline
Nice guitar and congrats. It looks like the top is spruce, is the rest of the body maple?

My first actual experience was a Yamaha with a long neck that required a capo on the 2nd fret (also my 1st experience with a capo). Fun stuff since I had only played sixers before. Anyway, using a good capo on a 12 string can be awesome! Be sure and try it.

Also a place I worked at bought a Takamine A/E that had a messed up bridge/saddle so the intonation was off. I brought it to a Takamine dealer and I think they replaced the whole thing or did some pretty fine repair work. No charge, they didn't even ask for a receipt or anything. Nice warranty!

Peace,
Jick
Hey Jick, Thanks man!!
The top is indeed spruce, the back and sides are flamed maple. Not sure if you can see it in the pics I posted.

Matt

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2