My personal Christmas present

20 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I've seen that cat before and it's a beautiful cat. I was never a cat person but when I met the wife she had a cat that I didn't get along with and never wanted to see another cat. But one day when I was at a park I felt something on my shoe and I looked down and it was a tiny little white kitten.

Since I didn't like the cat I already was living with I surely didn't want another so I left the cat there and went home. Well the wife and my daughters were all over me about how I could leave the little kitty blah blah. The next day we were in the same part of town and they were still on me about the cat so I said I'll take a ride over there if the cat is there I'll take her.

This was in late October the temp was probably in the 20's the night before the cat will never still be there, well guess what she looked like she was sitting in the same spot I left her.

I was now the owner of a beautiful white kitty. Still have her going on 12 yrs now, she's a fantastic pet and I couldn't live without her and the dogs now.

I always wanted to get an all black cat I thought it would be cool watching then together, but my cat isn't much into other ctas, she used to torment the other one.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@bluesy)
Eminent Member

Off the original topic, but you guys brought it up...What's that old saying? Something along the lines of owners don't pick cats, cats choose their owners. :D

In my experience with cats the younger ones always torment the older ones. Part of it I think is just the younger cats wanting to play more than the older cats and I'm sure part of it is the whole dominance thing. The younger cat is always top cat...at least with a significant age difference. Plus (this may be just me projecting too many human emotions on the cats) I think the older cats just can't be bothered fighting for dominance when food isn't scarce and life is over-all easy for them.

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

blusey,

Interesting I never owned cats so it was new to me I would have thought when I brought the little kitten home the older one would have asserted her dominance right from the start but once the little got bigger it was the other way around.

Your probably right about the older cat, most of the time the younger one justwanted to play and would chase her around but the older one after a minute or two didn't want any part of it and they'd start fighting, she couldn't be bothered and just wanted to lay around and sleep.

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

The older cats will usually put up with that for a while, and walk away with a disgusted look, then once in a while when they've had enough just beat the hell out of the younger one. Unless they can't.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Well after a few minutes of getting chased around the older one would hold her ground and hiss and fight with her but the younger one was stronger and quickly asserted her dominance.

Geez you'd think they'd respect their elders but I guess that's not how you survive in the wild..survial of the fittest!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2