Shelby GT Standard Stratocaster

92 Posts
19 Users
0 Likes
11.5 K Views
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Thanks for the compliments, guys. The Mustang was my replacement last year for 7 years of riding a Harley.

Sorry to hear about losing your car, rocker. '70 Chevelles are sweet.

The closest I ever got to that was my '72 Chevelle. Factory 4-Speed, 350 CI and Holley 4bbl. I could pull the front wheels off in 2nd gear. Did that once and had to dispose of my underwear after that. :oops:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

hehehehe hahaha :lol:

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member

Rocker, would that have been a 454 four-speed? Chevelles are simply awesome. I know someone who has a Yenko Chevelle, and that's pretty slick too 8)

Ewan McGregor: I said, "Eve, I want you to look after my wedding ring while I'm away," and she started to cry and I said, "Eve. Eve, I can't wear my ring or I won't get laid on the trip!"

ReplyQuote
(@citizennoir)
Noble Member

Hey.
I'm a Ford guy myself. Though I wouldn't turn down a '70 Chevelle.
My first car was a black '64 Galaxie 500 XL 2 door fast back w/390 4bbl & 4 speed.
Still have it.
You could easily fit a drum set in the trunk. :D
I also have a '66 Ranchero w/289 4bbl 4 speed.
Also good for haulin' drums - :wink:

My dad has a black on black '65 Comet Cyclone w/ 20,000 original miles on it. 289 4 speed.
When I was a kid he also had a '67 mustang with a 427 crammed into it (4 speed).

I like all these mustangs - even the bass (%

Ken

"The man who has begun to live more seriously within
begins to live more simply without"
-Ernest Hemingway

"A genuine individual is an outright nuisance in a factory"
-Orson Welles

ReplyQuote
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member

My dad has a black on black '65 Comet Cyclone w/ 20,000 original miles on it. 289 4 speed.

:shock: My dad has a Honda Civic... :lol:

However, it's powered by a JDM motor, which is about twice the power it came with :twisted:

High-powered FWD cars can be fun... :lol:

Ewan McGregor: I said, "Eve, I want you to look after my wedding ring while I'm away," and she started to cry and I said, "Eve. Eve, I can't wear my ring or I won't get laid on the trip!"

ReplyQuote
(@citizennoir)
Noble Member

SGinCYQX-
Hey, that's cool!!!!
I'm not sure what a JDM motor is - sounds like somethin' for me tho.
Both my dad and me drive old Honda's with a 1/4 million miles on 'em as daily drivers.
Great cars. :D

Ken

-Ernest Hemingway

-Orson Welles

ReplyQuote
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member

Citizen Noir,

JDM stands for Japanese Domesticated Market and is something of a "Holy Grail" among import enthusiats. A JDM motor is just the motor that came in the Japanese version of a car-usually much more powerful. Muscle guys have "Interceptor" versions, we have JDM.

Rock On

Ethan

ReplyQuote
(@citizennoir)
Noble Member

Ohhhh....
Yeah there's a lot of things different about Japanese only stuff.

How do you get a hold of something like that????
And - how does it effect MPG????

Ken

-Ernest Hemingway

-Orson Welles

ReplyQuote
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member

Well, they're much cheaper than you'd think, because motors in Japan have to be replaced at 30,000 miles. Hasn't seemed to effect fuel economy much, but it's sure done a lot for horsepower. :twisted:

I think I'd just do a google search for a Japanese motor importer.

What kind of Honda do you drive?

Also, nice SG in that pic :D

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

SginCoyx,

Actually the Z-34 was made for the few years Chevy didn't make the Monte Carlo. It was a 6 cylinder 5 speed, that would easily blow a stock Mustang away, at least at the top end...there's no top end with the Mustang.

don't get me wrong I do like the way the Mustangs look especially th enew ones, but I was soooo disappointed in the way the car ran. ther wasn't anything wrong with the motor I had it checked out several times and the mechanics that worked on it all told me the same thing, they were good for spinning the tires but that's about it and they were right.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member

Ah. Ok. I've never been in a stock 8-cylinder Mustang, so I wouldn't know. Wouldn't mind running one though :P

Thanks and Rock On

Ethan

ReplyQuote
(@citizennoir)
Noble Member

Cool. I'll look into that, Thankx. :D

We both have Honda Accords from the early '90's.
Mine is an automatic - My dad has a 5 speed (lucky dog!!!!)
They both really do have around 250,000 miles on 'em. (A trip to the moon)
Both run great and get about 30 mpg.

I also have a '94 Toyota 4x4 extracab pickup. 125,000 miles.
Love Toyo trucks.

Thought you might like that SG.
Mahogony body and neck - 60's super slim tapered neck.
2 P-90 single coil pups and a vibrolla trem tailpiece.

How's your SG????
You seem to like 'em an awful lot!!!!

Ken

-Ernest Hemingway

-Orson Welles

ReplyQuote
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member

Should make a huge difference in your Accord. Our Honda has a B16 out of a Civic Type-R, but maybe a larger motor would be in order for an Accord :twisted: B18 or B20 maybe. Also, I highly reccomend you get one with V-TEC (Kicks in at around 4000 rpm for an extra speed boost-pm me for a better explanation :wink: )

I love Toyota trucks too-would like to have one for my first vehicle, but we'll see...

My SG is absolutely fantastic, it's an Epiphone but I wouldn't trade it for anything. Nice white color, the 60's style pickguard and EMG pickups-it's awesome. Thanks for asking.

On a side note, our Civic is actually built as a rally/autocross/daily driven street car. The car has done 160 km/h on a closed road, and has gone through five-foot snow drifts.

Rock On

Ethan

ReplyQuote
(@citizennoir)
Noble Member

Well, sounds like a nice guitar.
What kind of amplification do you like???? (Had to ask, I'm a tone Fanatic!!!!)

A Toyo truck would be a great choice for your first vehicle.
I've had mine since it was new in '94 - It's like my best friend.
I wouldn't hesitate to buy another if it weren't for how expensive gas is.

I'll apologize in advance here for my ignorance -
How is the climate and terrain where you are.... I'm sorry, I have no idea.
Sound's like a cool place to be. :D

Ken

-Ernest Hemingway

-Orson Welles

ReplyQuote
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member

Not quite sure what I like for amplification yet-haven't quite found my tone and I'm in the market for my first serious amp. I'm thinking Fender tube at the moment.

Newfoundland's roads are terrible, the summers are short and rainy, and the winters are long and cold. I love it here. It's a relatively cold climate, but we're the only place in North America to get a Targa rally (1 week, 50 or 60 hopped-up cars, closed roads-you get the idea :wink: ) Our roads are not great, but just out of most towns here you can find incredible off-roading. We have a Jeep Commander, and you can really let it run off road around here. However, some of the greatest people I have ever met live here, and say they'll never move :P

Also, how would that Toyota look lifted a couple inches with big rubber under it? In case you haven't guessed I love off-roading :P

Rock On

Ethan

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 7