Notifications
Clear all

The ULTIMATE inspiration killer...

18 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
(@progressions)
Reputable Member

This is an old thread but it reminds me of something...

Once I was in Amsterdam at a hostel and they had a little club area with a rock band called "Baby Dog" playing. They were doing classic rock tunes, we went in during some Led Zeppelin song and the singer was the spitting image of Robert Plant AND had the voice to match... and she was a woman!

Anyway, one of the guitarist's strings broke during "Foxy Lady" and with some help from a friend, he changed it DURING the song. Just kept ripping the solos and never stopped. I don't know how they did it!

That was the best string-breakage story I've witnessed.

Jeff

Isaac Priestley: World Racketeering Squad
http://www.progressions.org/
http://www.youtube.com/worldracketeer

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

I think I read somewhere that Paganini used to 'prepare' one of his strings before a concert by cutting partway through it. Then it would break, he would continue on unflustered and the audience would have an added thrill.

What a showman that guy Nicolo!

I had a string break once on my Strat just before our regular good-night-drink-up (last call) song in this club we used to play. I thought of just holding the trem bar down with my wrist, but then the song was going to start (LZ Rock 'n Roll), and so I just strapped on my backup guitar.

Funny, it was the guitar I'd built years before and it just never got used. Used to sit in its stand all night, waiting, but that was the one and only time it ever got played in front of an audience.

You could almost see it smiling!

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Your own death: Now that would be the ultimate inspiration killer ... and maybe only for you. It might actually inspire someone else to song.

Dying in a plane crash at a young(ish) age has always been a good career move......

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2